speaker mounting depth

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: speaker mounting depth

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default speaker mounting depth

Wasn't there used to be a chart or something that kinda helped when trying to find recommended speaker depths for the tundras? I remember seeing it somewhere, it had a list of speakers and their mounting depths. I tried searching for it, but can't seem to find it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

I just saw it in a crutchfield magazine i was looking at this morning. I'm at work right now so i don't have it handy. I would try www.crutchfield.com and see if they list it.

Nathan
    ycart1201
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 DC TRD
    Exterior XM Antenna / Weathertech Vent Visors
    Interior All Weather Floormats
    Under The Hood Hella Horns / K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Wish List Spacer Lift / New Wheels w/ Bigger 285 Series Tires...

Liked
    0 times
    Images

The info is somewhere in the garage. It is not very deep stock but with the window track mod I think you can get almost a 3" deep speaker in there. I have a MB Quart Premium 6.5 midbass mounted up front. With 4 washers on the window track mod, a bit of trimming on the back side of the factory speaker grill I was able to get them to fit.

"You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile." -C. S. Lewis

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the heads up. I will try to find it again in the garage. It's been awhile since I logged on here.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by toynut
    Thanks for the heads up. I will try to find it again in the garage. It's been awhile since I logged on here.
    It is in the TundraSolutions.com Audio/Video & Security FAQ
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

bhw
    Liked
    7 times

Instead of using the window track mod, why not use spacers under the speaker? This is how the guys at the install shop told me they mounted deep speakers in Tundras. What's the difference, pros/cons?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bhw
    Instead of using the window track mod, why not use spacers under the speaker? This is how the guys at the install shop told me they mounted deep speakers in Tundras. What's the difference, pros/cons?
    I would think the speakers would be even closer to the factory speaker grill on the door pannel. I had to shave mine down so my speakers wouldn't hit them at full extension.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Agent WD-40
    The info is somewhere in the garage. It is not very deep stock but with the window track mod I think you can get almost a 3" deep speaker in there. I have a MB Quart Premium 6.5 midbass mounted up front. With 4 washers on the window track mod, a bit of trimming on the back side of the factory speaker grill I was able to get them to fit.
    shop i had put my mq premium in put 5.25 inch made a spacer and no mods to nothing how much sound will i lose psd213 i wanted 6.5 told me the wound not fit

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dbyrd25
    shop i had put my mq premium in put 5.25 inch made a spacer and no mods to nothing how much sound will i lose psd213 i wanted 6.5 told me the wound not fit
    Probably a bit off low end bass. From what I have heard from others, the 5.25's make quite a bit of bass for their size. All in all probably not too much loss between the 2 though.

Liked
    0 times

thanks for info yes i did not know i got these for $249 install and the orther was not on sell for 6.5 nether $529 for 6.5 and if was a lot of diff i was going to do mu on monds and trade them for 6.5

the 5.5 was Frequency Response: 52-32k
    the 6.5 was Frequency Response: 38-32k

was this a lot would it be here a diff