Is it OK to use....

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Is it OK to use....

Liked
    655 times
    Images

Default Is it OK to use....

a 100W amp with 180W speakers?...The volume will never be turned up past 3/4s at most...

Also, is it OK to use the stock speaker wiring to and from the amp?...I want to splice the input/outputs to the amp near the stock radio plug. I want to be less intrusive/destructive to the stock wiring as possible, in case I ever sell the truck, so I can pull the amp & speakers and go back to stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    409 times
    Images

Default Re: Is it OK to use....

first ? is yes you certainly can, that speaker wont ever ever play at 180w anyways, the voice coil will smoke like a newlywed wife trying to cook.

second, yea you can, but its pretty easy to run an loc and rcas to the back, but to each his own...
    Last edited by ZapcoTundra; 12-09-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    655 times
    Images

But my HU doesnt HAVE rcas. Also, I would still have to run wires from the amp, and then cut into the harness to feed speaker wires thru the door grommets... ???

Liked
    409 times
    Images

thus the line output converter, there are a ton of companies that make them, a good one is audiocontrol. or jl's cleansweep, jbl has one as well that is pretty good.

you tap signal from h/u then the box (line out converter) has rca outputs to connect to an amplifier. and if you really want you can just run speaker wire to the oem harness, but doing that takes just as much effort as running them to the doors.

its not very difficult to get past the oem grommet for the doors i promise you. it just takes some patience. if you want a trick of the trade, go to your local hardware store and get a big Fxckin zip tie. tape one end with speaker wire attached and feed it through. its easy as pie.

but thats my opinion...
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....