RCA interconnect question...

  1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

    Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: RCA interconnect question...

  1. #1
    Supporter Stone_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    876 times
    Rep Power

    DefaultRCA interconnect question...

    OK... so I got ahold of a scion HU that has 2 channel RCA outs....I'm looking at getting a 4 channel amp to power front & rear speakers, and I have a powered subwoofer.

    I'm looking at how I'm gonna get 2 channel from the HU into 6 channels. I've seen 6 channel RCA cables, but they are pretty expensive. (I also already have a 2 channel set of male/male rcas that came with the amp.) Not sure if most amps come with RCAs or not, so i dont know if I would be getting a 4 channel set with whatever amp I buy. Seems like a waste to have these cables already, not use them then have to buy a set of $50-$80 Y-split cables...

    Are there alternative methods for splitting the RCAs?...I know there are home A/V RCA splitters...But I couldnt find anything for car audio...
    Last edited by Stone_Blue; 12-13-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum

  3. #2
    Beer Me ZapcoTundra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Central California
    420 times
    Rep Power

    DefaultRe: RCA interconnect question...

    signal cables are purchased seperately from amplifiers unless they are like a bundle deal from the shop or website or wherever they fell off the back of the truck. some amps have signal pass through but those are normally mid-higher end amps. getting a y splitter is your best bet.
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

    If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Your postal zip code.

Where you live.

Facebook Logo Are you on Facebook? If so you may add your username here. or leave this line as "None". If you are a Facebook member please visit our Facebook page for additional support.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts