RCA interconnect question...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: RCA interconnect question...

Liked
    505 times
    Images

Default RCA interconnect question...

OK... so I got ahold of a scion HU that has 2 channel RCA outs....I'm looking at getting a 4 channel amp to power front & rear speakers, and I have a powered subwoofer.

I'm looking at how I'm gonna get 2 channel from the HU into 6 channels. I've seen 6 channel RCA cables, but they are pretty expensive. (I also already have a 2 channel set of male/male rcas that came with the amp.) Not sure if most amps come with RCAs or not, so i dont know if I would be getting a 4 channel set with whatever amp I buy. Seems like a waste to have these cables already, not use them then have to buy a set of $50-$80 Y-split cables...

Are there alternative methods for splitting the RCAs?...I know there are home A/V RCA splitters...But I couldnt find anything for car audio...
    Last edited by Stone_Blue; 12-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    399 times
    Images

Default Re: RCA interconnect question...

signal cables are purchased seperately from amplifiers unless they are like a bundle deal from the shop or website or wherever they fell off the back of the truck. some amps have signal pass through but those are normally mid-higher end amps. getting a y splitter is your best bet.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....