Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Cargo light stays on

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  evenfall 
#1 ·
I saw a few threads on here related to a problem I starting having, but didn't find a solution. About a week ago, my 2000 Tundra started having a discharged battery after sitting a few days. The battery is fine and the alt is good to, but I tracked it down to the cargo light coming on when the door opens, but it never times-out and goes off. It always used to. Now, I have to remember to hit the switch (to shut it off) every time I open the door. Is there a fix for this?:ts:

BTW, it it a 2000 Limited Access Cab (4x4)

#2 ·
I saw a few threads on here related to a problem I starting having, but didn't find a solution. About a week ago, my 2000 Tundra started having a discharged battery after sitting a few days. The battery is fine and the alt is good to, but I tracked it down to the cargo light coming on when the door opens, but it never times-out and goes off. It always used to. Now, I have to remember to hit the switch (to shut it off) every time I open the door. Is there a fix for this?:ts:

BTW, it it a 2000 Limited Access Cab (4x4)
Having the same problem on my 2000. I wonder if you can simply defuse it?

#3 ·
This reminds me of the thread where the guy is having the headlights come on by themselves, with the security set in the middle of the night, then his neighbors call to tell him about his truck. He has had it to the dealer multiple times.

It is too bad that Toyota does not have these things fail safe with relays that go Normally Open with Key Off.

I'm sorry, I guess I am old school about lights. I figure I am smart enough to figure out when I want them on or off... California has a Law that has us turning on lights when it rains, but I foresee a rain sensor on the windshield, automatically doing this for us soon... Headlights that shut themselves off a minute after you lock up you rig still seem like a bad idea, and sort of a lazy one too. How about Auto Up on electric windows, why only just Auto Down? Heck, I'd just be happy that they are electric! but that is just my thoughts, and I _am_ having fun with the rant about the computer's and their foibles :D :devil:

I have a Cap on my truck, and if the Cargo switch would do what I want, it would be a three way toggle rather than a computer controlled push button.

I like control. Permanently off would be a selection I'd like. I don't have the use of it with the Cap on. On and Door would be other nice options.

If you don't have the funds with Christmas coming up really soon, I'd take the cargo light bulb out for now, and deal with it after the first of the year.

Good Luck, and let us know what you figure out. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.