Toyota 12 pin audio connector

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toyota 12 pin audio connector

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Toyota 12 pin audio connector

OK,

So, I have been looking at several threads and now know my 2005 AC has the amp in the back that has the 20 pin into the amp and 12 pin out. I think I am SOL with the amp as it is the same as the JBL amps...needs the HU to activate. However, is there a connector for the 12 pin out that will allow me the use of the stock wiring to the speakers? Or, if no connector exits, I have not found one, does anyone have the schematics to determine what wire goes to what speaker so that I can tap into it?

Thaks for any information you guys can provide, why does nobody make a connector for these trucks that will be a simple plug and play? Perhaps one will be coming as it seems Toyota moved the wiring for JBJ and non JBL for the Tundras to this type of setup.:cry:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Toyota 12 pin audio connector

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the connection coming out of the amp that is located in the rear. The 20 pin connector comes in from the radio and then there is a 12 pin connector going out from the amp to the speaker wires....not the standard 6/10 pin config. I am one of those wiring configs that is non JBL, but the amp is still in the rear and not located behind the HVAC unit in the dash.

I have looked at the wiring diagram, do the colors still match up? It is somewhat confusing, I would perfer if someone could post a pic of the connector with the pin numbers and how they match up.

Hope that clarifies my question.

Thanks!!

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by ebrusher
    Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the connection coming out of the amp that is located in the rear. The 20 pin connector comes in from the radio and then there is a 12 pin connector going out from the amp to the speaker wires....not the standard 6/10 pin config. I am one of those wiring configs that is non JBL, but the amp is still in the rear and not located behind the HVAC unit in the dash.

I have looked at the wiring diagram, do the colors still match up? It is somewhat confusing, I would perfer if someone could post a pic of the connector with the pin numbers and how they match up.

Hope that clarifies my question.

Thanks!!
    Refer to 2005 Tundra Audio & Navigation System Information for complete details regarding the 2005 Tundra Audio and Navigation systems
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Perfect, got the info I needed, I can now hardwire to the factory speaker harness if desired. Is there a connector available for the 12 pin harness that would allow me to do this without cutting wires?

Thanks!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am new to this forum, but have already tonight found a lot of good information. Now along the lines of this thread.

I have a 2006 tacoma double cab long bed. It came with the in dash 6 disk changer, etc. I pulled the head unit out today and looked at the back again. I have a small connector with a couple of wires used, another connector (probably20 pins???), but a third connector with NOTHING plugged in. It looks like another plug for an external cd changer???.

all of the pics I have found on this forum of toyota radios show two white plug receptacles on the back of the radio. Those are the two populated on my radio. If that is an additional input, can I get an adapter plug for it and make my own input to the radio for my xm radio? Or is this impossible?

I am very good with wiring, but can NOT find a diagram on the radio in my new truck. Thanks!!!

Liked
    0 times

i have an 04 tundra, mines came with an 6-disk indash cd player and a separate jbl amp. allz i did was go down to the local audio shop and got me a toyota wire harness so i could stuff in my alpine. worked like a charm, colors for most of the wires were almost the same too, speakerwires for all 4 channels were exact.

sorry i dont know the part number of the wire harness. it may be different for your year/make, but its the same concept. the harness was like $20.00, makes life a whole lot easier.
    MODS: (TRD Urban package) - tint, stereo, jack-in-the box antennae ball, and my middle finger.

~ been there, done that, got the panties ~

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by bmac2
    If that is an additional input, can I get an adapter plug for it and make my own input to the radio for my xm radio? Or is this impossible?
    YES.

P.I.E. and USA Spec make aux input adapters for Toyota stock radios. The USA Spec adapter has the benefit of having 2 stereo inputs. I use a USA Spec to connect my XM satellite radio and my iPod. Great for those long road trips.

Circuit City is one of the retail chains that sells the USA Spec adapter.

Good luck.

Paul
    Completed Mods:
    S&S long tube headers
    Brembo rotors
    TSB caliper upgrade
    Hawk LTS brake pads
    Stainless steel braided brake lines
    Total Chaos steering rack bushings
    Alignment to DJ's specs
    Century cap
    Line-X
    XM satellite radio module (connected to Pioneer head unit)
    Instrument cluster LED upgrade

Future Mods:
    Rearview camera system
    BA Muffler (on order)
    Sound deadener
    Fusion Drive
    Flux Capacitor Control Unit (FCCU)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.