2007 Camry Factory Radio Removal

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Camry Factory Radio Removal

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2007 Camry Factory Radio Removal

Just purchased a 2007 Camry SE. I am going to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket Alpine system. Currently there are no radio kits available but I am told by my local car radio supplier that it should not be much longer.

My question is regarding the removal of the factory radio. Has anyone had the opportunity to remove there radio? If so, I would appreciate any tips that you may offer on the removal process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2007 Camry Factory Radio Removal

I just pulled the JBL head unit from my 07 Hybrid to add the XM satellite radio. Procedure is pretty straight forward:

1. Remove the top center air vent assembly. It comes straight out but there are clips along the top and bottom seams. Disconnect harness.
    2. Remove shift knob and the shift console cover by gently pulling up to release clips. Take your time so you don't break any of the plastic pieces.
    3. Remove shift console top cover trim by gently pulling up. Note harness.
    4. Remove the vertical trim columns to the right and left of the storage box (that is below the climate controls) by pulling straight out - again releasing clips.
    5. The space behind the vertical trim columns will reveal screws that hold down the storage box. Remove the screws and partially pull out the box. Note harness.
    6. (Steps 2 thru 5 are necessary to gain access to two bottom bolts securing the bottom of the head unit/climate control assembly) Remove the two bottom bolts.
    7. (Step 1 gains access to two top bolts securing the top of the head unit/climate control assembly) Remove the two top bolts.
    8. Slide head unit/climate control assembly out. Disconnect harnesses.

Before you start - disconnect the negative battery terminal and set your shifter as far back as possible. Good luck.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Did your HYBRID have the nav unit or the base unit

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am getting ready to do the exact same thing. Where did you put the XM antenna?

Liked
    0 times

Any diagrams available for this? Or is it pretty str8 forward as mentioned?

Thanks!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Can you give me a PDF file?
    Thanks
    colmeq@yahoo.com

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Would any modification/personal installation to upgrade speakers or head unit void the warranty of the car? Does anyone know?

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by boomcar View Post
    Would any modification/personal installation to upgrade speakers or head unit void the warranty of the car? Does anyone know?

Never. Unless you damaged something in the install and it can be proved that your work did the damage. Even then only the item you damaged would not have the coverage.
    TundraSolutions.com Forum Rules
    Classified Forum Rules
    What is Rep Power? read more HERE!
    Ready to create a new thread? WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST.

Florida Panthers Season Ticket Holder! Sweet!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by radams View Post
    Just purchased a 2007 Camry SE. I am going to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket Alpine system. Currently there are no radio kits available but I am told by my local car radio supplier that it should not be much longer.

My question is regarding the removal of the factory radio. Has anyone had the opportunity to remove there radio? If so, I would appreciate any tips that you may offer on the removal process.
    I got these step by step pics from someone else, I found it very helpfull. Just type the "http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236753" address and you should get it.
    Last edited by boomcar; 08-02-2008 at 06:56 AM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.