Speed sensor wire

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Speed sensor wire

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Speed sensor wire

Sup Guys,

Does anyone know what color the speed sensor wire is for my 2005 tundra ec. Got a superlift unit (calibrater) and wondering what and where on the tranny to tap into?

thanks, the dog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Speed sensor wire

Sup Guys,

Does anyone know what color the speed sensor wire is for my 2005 tundra ec. Got a superlift speed sensor unit (calibrater) and wondering what color and where on the tranny to tap into?

thanks, the dog

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Noticed you were a subscriber, that means you have access to the wiring diagram specific for your truck, I could tell you what color it is for the 03' ac, but it might not be the same. Look at the wiring diagram for your truck, find the gage cluster, and look for the wire labeled "SPD" or "spd sense", you get the idea. Then map the wire back to the tranny.
    EDIT: I just looked at my book, and it might not be that simple, but and my truck it is yellow with a red runner @ the ECM, but good luck anyway, gottag go, will check back.
    2007 Tundra CrewMax 4X4 Limited

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks,

Yes I have looked at the diagram, and I did locate the wire it is yelow w/ a red stripe. what I wanted to do was connect it at the ect connector wire harness at the plug. I found some plugs behind the glove box but cant find the right color wire. That way everything would be inside the cab. What do you think?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Inside is better. When I had to tie in for my GPS HU, I went behind the gage cluster an tapped into the Speed sensor wire there. You could do that and just run it a few feet to where you need it. I did read after my install, that some tundras were pre-wired for factory GPS units, this means there would be an unised male plug bhind the radio that has a speed sensor wire running into it, I have not looke back there since my install to verify this, but it's worth a shot. Good Luck!
    2007 Tundra CrewMax 4X4 Limited