TSB completed, Now Trunk won't open!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TSB completed, Now Trunk won't open!

Liked
    0 times

Default TSB completed, Now Trunk won't open!

I just went thru the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a Toyota dealership. I brought them the TSB to fix my shifting problems and they really messed things up bad.

First they tried to just flash the ECM and give the car back to me, I almost was stuck on the highway when it would not shift! They didn't even test drive the car! Next they tried to install the fuel sensors, without the O2 sensors...then only one manifold...etc and on and on.

It took two weeks of arguing with the service manager/techs/service writer and customer service to get the job done completely! They were trying to tell me that the TSB was just a "Suggestion" and did not need to be fully installed...wow.

Well after returning the rental they had to put me in, I get the car home and it shifts great. But now the trunk will not open! The interior release does not work and the smart key does not work...on the trunk only. All the doors work correctly.

I am extremly hesitant to take this back to the dealer the messed it up...they were horrible.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Help!

Frustrated Fitz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: TSB completed, Now Trunk won't open!

Try toggling the trunk release cut-off switch in the glove box. When I had mine reflashed, the passenger side window stopped working, but only on the drivers side contols. The passenger side controls wouldn't finish moving with the "auto" part of the switch either.

After rolling it up and down several times with the passenger side control, it started working normally again and hasn't screwed up since. Crazy computers I guess...

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

There is a way to change this but it's not in the owner's manual. Here's the excerpt from the manual:

Opening of the trunk lid with the wireless
    remote control can be changed as follows.
    Ask your Toyota dealer for details.
    *Trunk lid opens by pushing the trunk
    opener switch twice in succession.
    *Trunk lid opens by pushing the trunk
    opener switch once regardless of how
    long the switch is being pressed.
    *Opening of the trunk lid is disabled
    using the wireless remote control transmitter.

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the help!

I played with the switch in the glove box and it finally worked.

Fitz

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.