2006 Avalon Limited garage door opener

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2006 Avalon Limited garage door opener

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Post 2006 Avalon Limited garage door opener

I would appreciate some help in programming my garage door opener in my 2006 Avalon. I have the type of garage door opener that has rolling codes. Can anyone help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2006 Avalon Limited garage door opener

You have to hit the button on the back of the machine hanging from the ceiling.

Hit button in car, hit button on remote, hit button on machine, hit button on car three times is the rough directions. I just did it for my '00 avalon and '03 sequoia.
    intj

Liked
    0 times

It starts with it learning the code from your handheld opener transmitter, but it's well explained in the owner's manual.
    Jim
    '06 Avalon Limited
    '06 Lexus RX 400h

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jim256 View Post
    It starts with it learning the code from your handheld opener transmitter, but it's well explained in the owner's manual.

assuming you have the auto dimming mirror with the compass and homelink go to homelinks website they explain it. Pretty straight forward but I do not remember it. I just responded to the same question on the tundra 4runner site. Probably the same sequence, check it out. by chance I have both vehicles and recently programmed both of them.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

From recent experience in our 07 Avalon's Homelink transmitter. For the initial step of "traiing" your mirror unit's buttons with a pre-programmed remote, be sure to use the larger remote control. If you (like me) start with a key-chain remote, you have to "train" or initiaize the button of choice with one of the Key-chain buttons that is not assigned to a door. Good luck!

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Just perform the initial procedures in the manual, then press learn button on garage door opener (usually inside the cover where the light bulb is located, then within 30 seconds return to car and complete the remaining instructions as stated in the manual. I have 3 car garage and it only took about 3 minutes to do all three doors. If you mess up, just go back to step one and redo. Good Luck!

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

I don't think you can just hit the button on the GDO to learn the car's codes, you have to go through the "learn" procedure that's in the Owner's Manual to teach the car your garage door code. The car doesn't come with any codes programmed in, so using the GDO's program button wouldn't work.