Backup camera and Smart Key remote

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Backup camera and Smart Key remote

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Backup camera and Smart Key remote

Hello-
    I just got a 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited with SmartKey, Navigation and JBL. I would like to have a backup camera installed and the remote starter. Noone seems to want to install either. Any suggestions would be appreciated ALLOT!
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Backup camera and Smart Key remote

See http://members.cox.net/n0v8or/revers...ra_install.pdf for ideas.
    I don't recommend the Toyota remote starter. It has a short operating range and, by design, shuts off the engine when you open the door, forcing a restart before you can drive off. I made the dealer remove it from my car and reduce the price accordingly.

PM forum contributor Neil5. He had a reverse camera installation performed at an audio shop and is pleased with the results.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

When I bought my limited last winter, I had the dealer install the Toyota VIP Remote Engine Starter. He had done one a couple of days before, so mine took only a couple of hours to install. (He spent about 4 hours on the first one.) Its range is long enough for my needs (about 80') and it hasn't been a nuisance to restart the car when getting in. The big plus for the Toytoa system is that it works with the smart key system remote.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I finished my own install in the Avalon 06 using the G-Net RGB_Tolex unit with a IR camera off of eBay. Very easy just need some electrical skills for connecting the four wires, and nerves to drill a hole in your bumper ;>

G-NET Toyota - Lexus TV Nav Video Input Interface Module. Connect a DVD Player, TV Tuner, Reverse Backup Video Camera, iPod Video, Aftermarket Navigation Or Other AV Input To Your Car's OEM GPS Navigation Headunit, LCD Screen Display & Nav System. for the video unit,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01639.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	15814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01643.JPG 
Views:	547 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	15815  

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks to all who replied. I'll let you know how it workd out.
    Ted

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Re: Backup camera and Smart Key remote

ibyte2,
    Did you hook up a reverse wire so that the display comes on automatically when you back up? If so, how did you find that wire?
    Also, why did you not use the camera from G-Net - was it the price?
    Thanks.

LinkBacks (?)