07 Camry LE - Installing aftermarket fog lights?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 07 Camry LE - Installing aftermarket fog lights?

Liked
    0 times

Default 07 Camry LE - Installing aftermarket fog lights?

Picked up an 07 Camry LE a week ago (signed the papers at 10:30 pm on a Friday! Some late working sales guys!). Only issue I have with it is a moderate front tire imbalance that jitters the heck outta the steering wheel at about 60 mph and up. The car replaces my wife's old [and crappy] Saturn SL1, so she won't let me do any projects on the car that aren't immediately practical. "Fog lights?" "Fine...but the switch inside better be pretty." Women.

I was looking at something like this to put in place of the blanks in the bumper. Am I going to have to remove the front bumper completely to get the blanks out? I have a 2-ton floor jack, but I don't think I can get it under the car far enough. For the switch, there's a small, rectangular blank in the dash below and to the left of the steering column. Anyone know what's made to go there? I assume I can pull that lower portion of the dash down to get at the backside of it somehow. Any help would be great!
    2002 Tundra Access Cab SR5 - college graduation present w00t
    Clear corners|IPod2Car|Cap|Westin black powder-coat grille guard|Hella Black Magic [off-]road lights|middle finger
    2007 Camry LE 4-banger
    nothing yet...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 07 Camry LE - Installing aftermarket fog lights?

Wish I could help you but I am interested in monitoring this thread...
    Scott Wallace
    (A.K.A. BoloMK33)
    shwallace@ca.rr.com
    2007 Camry LE V6

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by minameismud View Post
    Picked up an 07 Camry LE a week ago (signed the papers at 10:30 pm on a Friday! Some late working sales guys!). Only issue I have with it is a moderate front tire imbalance that jitters the heck outta the steering wheel at about 60 mph and up. The car replaces my wife's old [and crappy] Saturn SL1, so she won't let me do any projects on the car that aren't immediately practical. "Fog lights?" "Fine...but the switch inside better be pretty." Women.

I was looking at something like this to put in place of the blanks in the bumper. Am I going to have to remove the front bumper completely to get the blanks out? I have a 2-ton floor jack, but I don't think I can get it under the car far enough. For the switch, there's a small, rectangular blank in the dash below and to the left of the steering column. Anyone know what's made to go there? I assume I can pull that lower portion of the dash down to get at the backside of it somehow. Any help would be great!
    You can get to the fog light blanks by removing the under engine panels.

A number of owners have installed lights using EBAY kits.

Go to toyotanation.com, gen 6 forum and use the search function.

'07 Japanese XLE I4 (Heated Leather, VSC, Mats), Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mudguards, Modified Front/Rear Emblems, Lip Spoiler, MTEC 4,750 K High, H9 Low and Fogs, Painted Fogs, Chrome (GS300 Wheels, Pillars, Hybrid Grille, Lower Grille, Trunk Accent, Door Handles), Wood Steering Wheel, Red Out LED Tail lights, Eyelids, 19MM Rear Sway Bar, Front Strut Bar, LED Signal-Heated-Power Folding Mirrors

5. 06-11-2007, 06:13 AM

Lurking Member

Reason
    Links/redirects to eBay are not permited per site policy - please see the FAQ

Liked
    0 times

BigWillie,

Hey, I'm guessing that there are others out there that would love to see pictures of not only the fog lights but how you ran the connections to them...and the relay + switch.

Do you have any instructions or comments you can share on this topic?

Was it difficult? How long did it take?

How well do the lights work?

Come on dude...fess up!
    Scott Wallace
    (A.K.A. BoloMK33)
    shwallace@ca.rr.com
    2007 Camry LE V6

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Here is link to my and some info how I installed mine about a year ago Fog Light Pictures and notes I used wireless switch from Hella, also my 07LE had no wire harness, I would suggest get the 2 mounting screws from Toyota as there is not much to the plastic stub, and factory screws are a direct fit

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I just got the kit from e-bay for 95 delivered. I just put them on my wife's Hybrid last night. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...158996364&rd=1 I have not had a chance to get the wires hooked up yet.
    I must say the kit's lights look exactly like factory but the covers do not fit well at all. I had to cut the tabs from the back and put a small black screw in them to hold them on. In the future I will get Toyota covers. How much were the toyota parts?
    Mike in Goodyear AZ
    07 Camry Hybrid
    Color- Desert Sand Mica
    04 Lexus RX330
    Millennium Silver

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.