Error code P1133

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error code P1133

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Error code P1133

Does anyone have an idea what this code stands for? I have a 1996 Camry 4cyl with 85000 miles. My scan reader tells me only to see Toyota. The vehicle acts normal, except for the check eng light. I haven't gone through a tank of gas to know whether my mpg has dropped off. Prior to this I had a PO171 and a PO125. I changed the O2 sensor in bank 1 and that seemed to resolve the problem.

When the car was new, I took a base line of how the car was running at idle and at 55mph, in anticipation of a future problem. My LTF1 and STF1 readings were off after the MIL went on. I also had a sulfur smell just prior to the light going on. The new ox sensor returned the reaqdings to just the way they read when I took the base line. Three days later, I now get the P1133 code. Any clues out there.\?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Default Re: Error code P1133

There is no DTC P1133 listed in the 96 Camry Service Manual. P0171 is System too Lean (Fuel Trim), P0125 is Insufficient Coolant Temp. for Closed Loop Fuel Control.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by nhparrot
    There is no DTC P1133 listed in the 96 Camry Service Manual. P0171 is System too Lean (Fuel Trim), P0125 is Insufficient Coolant Temp. for Closed Loop Fuel Control.
    Here is what i did on a problem car:
    1997 Toyota Camry
    Engine: 2.2 L / 132 CID / 4 cyl / Gas / DOHC
    Fuel: Fuel Injection / port fuel
    Ignition: Distributorless
    Trans: 4-speed Automatic Transaxle (Electronic)
    Mileage: 67,000 mi
    Emissions: OBD-II Compliant
    VIN: T1BG22KXVU
    check engine light (DTC1133) as a faulty air/fuel sensor
    If you are sure this is a CA spec. vehicle. The air/fuel ratio sensor is the thing you should replace.There are multiple tsbs on 4cyl air fuel sensors.
    you may have a bad ecm also. the heater circut is usually the
    root cause to most of the air/fuel senser problems.with the
    circut turned on you should have a 7amp draw. after the heater
    circut is repaired you may have to replace the a/f sensor
    Good luck!

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Found it:

P1133 A/F Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction
    (Only for California Spec.)

After engine is warmed up, and during vehicle driving at engine
    speed 1,600 rpm or more and vehicle speed 60 km/h (38
    mph) or more, the response characteristic of A/F sensor becomes
    deteriorated (2 trip detection logic)

Trouble Area: A/F sensor
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Re: Error code P1133

Hi, new to this forum.
    I also have the same CEL code of P0171 and P1133 on my 1977 4cyl. Camry with 100K on it. Can anyone tell me where is the A/F sensor is located? and is A/F sensor means oxygen sensor. I want to DIY this issue. If anyone can share their experience, exact location of the sensor and how much does it cost, it'll be much appreciated. Someone was mentioning that I need to replace the MAF sensor, but I confirmed with the dealer 97 4cyl Camry don't have one.
    Thanks
    Frank

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Anyone????

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Error code P0171 and P1133

I have the same issue Frank Camry has. 99 camry 4 cyl - CA emissions vehicle - 91k - mpg dropped from 24 to 19.

Is it the A/F sensor ? If so where is it located. I see one before the Catalytic converter. This is right in front when we open the hood. Is this the one. P0171 said Bank 1 too lean.

Please help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.