2007 Camry MP3 CD player problem

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2007 Camry MP3 CD player problem

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2007 Camry MP3 CD player problem

On my 2007 Camry with MP3 CD player, I am unable to switch folders on the factory MP3 CD player. It will only play the files in the first folder. When I use the "folder" button on the dash to navigate to another folder, nothing happens. It stays on Folder 1 and won't move off it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2007 Camry MP3 CD player problem

I believe I may have answered my own question so I thought I would post in case it helps someone else.

According to the manual (I know, RTFB ), the player can play multi-session CD's, but I think the CD has to be finalized in order to play everything on the CD.

I put a talk show file in MP3 format on a CD and it played fine even though the CD wasn't finalized. The next day I added a second MP3 file in a different folder, but it would only play the file in the first folder. I imagine the second file in the second folder would not play because the disc had not been finalized.

Liked
    0 times

Wheres the Admin when you need him? Where is the database!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by @v@lonm@n
    Wheres the Admin when you need him? Where is the database!
    Maybe the location of the Admin and the database is like your listed occupation:

"for him to know and you to never find out"

Mike
    Experience is the best teacher, IF you can afford the tuition!

White 2001 4X4 LTD/TRD. Fog and map light mods. S&S Autochrome headers and Y-Pipe, ASP UD Pulley,SpinTech single/dual out with rear exit. PPD T-Body and Fuse covers. MT Classic ll's with 265X75X16 Maxxis Mudders, Wheelers front coils, RAS on rear springs & Ride Rite air springs. Powertrax No Slip Locker. Mobil 1 Synthetic throughout!

Liked
    0 times

lol

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Maybe you can help me. I've tried making CD's for my car, but nothing works. I have the .wma extensions and burned them as a "data" cd as another suggested, but have no idea how to "finalize" a CD. What software did you burn with ? I have Windows Media Player (comes withWindowsXP) and also have Nero. Can you help me ?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Slover View Post
    Maybe you can help me. I've tried making CD's for my car, but nothing works. I have the .wma extensions and burned them as a "data" cd as another suggested, but have no idea how to "finalize" a CD. What software did you burn with ? I have Windows Media Player (comes withWindowsXP) and also have Nero. Can you help me ?
    Use Nero and choose make a music Cd. That should do it.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
    Use Nero and choose make a music Cd. That should do it.
    Actually, you don't want to make a music CD. A music CD is like what you buy at the store which is uncompressed and only stores around 80 minutes of music.

I assume since you are posting in this thread which pertains to 2007 Camrys. Earlier Camry CD players didn't play MP3 CD's.

From what you've said, you're on the right track.You don't need special software other than Windows XP. You are right in making a data CD.

Just use the copy command and copy your source files and paste them to your CD drive on your computer. After you do that, a balloon message will pop up saying you have files waiting to be burned to your CD. Just click on that message and burn the files.

Since this is a data CD, I don't believe finalization is a factor. I don't finalize MP3/WMA CD's and haven't had any problem.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Your WMA's need to be CODEC V9 to work - at least that has been my experience on my 07 TCH with NAV - it wouldn't play WMA files until I converted then to most recent version.....

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

guys acustica mp3 cd burber is best for making those cd's by the way if ur player doesn't change folder it is ur bad probably u didn't create folders in ur cd