1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 92 Camry Rear Door Not Opening

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 92 Camry Rear Door Not Opening

Neither the inside nor outside handle will open the rear passenger side door. I also tried pushing from the inside, but there was no movement. Is there anyway to get to the door opening mechanism without removing the door panel? Any ideas will be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: 92 Camry Rear Door Not Opening

if you roll down the window you can manually push down on the lock actuator, like a 20" flatblade screwdriver works well, but honestly if you dont know what youre looking at you might have a pretty hard time with it. really cant hurt anything but tint though. by the way that door panel is fairly easy to get off with the door shut.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I removed the inside handle bezel, window handle and armrest screws. But there are 4 clips that hold the the door panel to the door. These clips are on parts of the panel that make it extremely difficult/impossible to access/remove with the door closed (ie. they are perpendicular to the part of the panel where the armrest attaches).
    With the handle bezel removed, I can see the lock link and the handle link move successfully when the handles are moved. When I experimented with the 'child protector lock) on the door that is working correctly, I found the unopenable door acted the same as the openable door with the child protector lock on - except the unopenable door woul d not open from the outside (no matter how the regular lock was set).
    DRINKDRIVE thanks for your feedback. Was the 'lock actuator' you referred to the linkage to the door lock mechanism or a piece of the lock itself (fyi: I have a 1992 Camry repair mamual to reference)?
    Any other input will be greatly appreciated.

Liked
    4 times

Can you gain better access if you were to remove the rear seat bottom?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Ultimately, no. But thanks; all ideas are welcome and appreciated.

I am replacing the outside door handle on the other side (I got impatient last winter and plastic isn't very forgiving!). So I am taking a careful look.

FYI, here's a link that simplified the inside door handle bezel removal for me:
    DIY: Toyota Camry Door Panel/Front Door Handle

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.