2.4 acceleration delay

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 acceleration delay

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2.4 acceleration delay

This is my first Toyota Camry, (been an Accord owner for decades.) The first thing I noticed was the delay when you step on the accelerator.

I just took it in for the 5000 service and asked my dealer about it. He said its a "normal feature" of Toyota's fly by wire gas peddle. He says the engine control computer makes a bunch of measurements like how far the peddles is pushed down, how fast it was pushed et. al. then controls the rate of acceleration.

Is he feeding me a load of BS or is this something I have to live with?

Anybody have any experience with this?

TX

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2.4 acceleration delay

there's a TSB on that for the 07 4 banger.

RE
    2012 Camry SE
    Bone-stock 05 Access Cab Tundra, V-8, 4x4, TRD Off-Road w/LSD, Spectra Blue Mica

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

get the tsb done (for free) at your dealership... fixed mine!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I have the same acceleration problem since my purchase in June. The delay is so annoying, it's like I'm towing a truck behind me when I accelerate from a dead stop. I don't know why everyone is saying there is a TSB that can fix the problem. I went to four dealers and they all said there is no such thing and this is how the engine was designed. There is no such thing as changing shift points to fix acceleration. I am getting very frustrated becasue I'm not sure who is right. BTW, I really hate the acceleration in the Camry. I too owned Accords and never had this problem. I'm never buying a Camry again, well, at least not a four cylinder. Plus, add in all the dam squeaking I'm hearing. This car sucks. I'm only happy with how it looks.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Tell the Dealer you want this TSB performed:

TSB EGO56-06, ECM Calibration Enhancement To Shifting Performance & Smoothness (07 Camry 2AZ-FE, 5 Speed A/T) That's the 4 cyl auto. Dated September 29, 2006

For VIN # Prior to:

USA Plant (TMMK Line 1) 4T1BE46K#7U080051
    or
    USA Plant (TMMK Line 2) 4T1BE46K#7U599506
    or
    Japan Plant JTNBE46ZK#973061622

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. These dealers probably just don't want to do the work.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I assume they dont have that TSB in Canada yet because they had no clue about it.

Liked
    0 times

Talking Re: 2.4 acceleration delay

Quote Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
    This is my first Toyota Camry, (been an Accord owner for decades.) The first thing I noticed was the delay when you step on the accelerator.

I just took it in for the 5000 service and asked my dealer about it. He said its a "normal feature" of Toyota's fly by wire gas peddle. He says the engine control computer makes a bunch of measurements like how far the peddles is pushed down, how fast it was pushed et. al. then controls the rate of acceleration.

Is he feeding me a load of BS or is this something I have to live with?

Anybody have any experience with this?

TX
    My friend he is telling you the cruel true, It been happening to me since I purchase my new camry 07 le 2.4 V4, and is all about power, with a v6 you problably won't have that problem......oh well

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by angel2302 View Post
    My friend he is telling you the cruel true, It been happening to me since I purchase my new camry 07 le 2.4 V4, and is all about power, with a v6 you problably won't have that problem......oh well
    No, THAT is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'07 Japanese XLE I4 (Heated Leather, VSC, Mats), Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mudguards, Modified Front/Rear Emblems, Lip Spoiler, MTEC 4,750 K High, H9 Low and Fogs, Painted Fogs, Chrome (GS300 Wheels, Pillars, Hybrid Grille, Lower Grille, Trunk Accent, Door Handles), Wood Steering Wheel, Red Out LED Tail lights, Eyelids, 19MM Rear Sway Bar, Front Strut Bar, LED Signal-Heated-Power Folding Mirrors

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by angel2302 View Post
    Not true. My LE with 4 cyl. has no hesitation. Try a different dealer if you have hesitation problems and you current dealer can't/won't fix it. Hesitation is certainly NOT a "normal feature" of Toyota's fly by wire gas peddle. He's BS'n you. See if that TSB applies to your car's VIN#.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by don24mac View Post
    Not true. My LE with 4 cyl. has no hesitation. Try a different dealer if you have hesitation problems and you current dealer can't/won't fix it. Hesitation is certainly NOT a "normal feature" of Toyota's fly by wire gas peddle. He's BS'n you. See if that TSB applies to your car's VIN#.
    Thank you my friend, i'll try that with a different dealer.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I had the issue when the car was new, it went away by itself and now the 4 banger takes right off. Took a few 1000 miles though.
    07 Camry 2.4
    99 Corvette
    http://home.si.rr.com/cruzin99

Liked
    0 times

Well, I just make an appointment with my toyota dealer and they are aware about the acceleration delay and they are willing to test my car, I'll let you know the results.

Liked
    0 times

I just came from my Toyota dealer (1/18/2007)
    They upgrade the Camry computer also the transmission computer and the results are very, very differents, the perform and acceleration change by 100%. My camry feels like a V6, anybody that have the same problem should go to their near dealer and take care it. The toyota has a recall about the problem and the best at all "IS FREE"

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

my 07XLEV4 is from japan and i think the date code is September 06 and when i first get on the interstate and hit the GAS it takes a couple seconds for car to take off.....will go mention the TSB when my 3000 Service comes up, still a baby car 1500 miles on it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.