02 Corolla - Passenger Power Window Failing

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 02 Corolla - Passenger Power Window Failing

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 02 Corolla - Passenger Power Window Failing

hi, my wife has the 2002 Corolla S, and recently the passenger power window becomes stuck. After a while the window will eventually move up, but it seems like it could be a bad motor or electical connection.

has anyone had a problem like this?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 02 Corolla - Passenger Power Window Failing

Quote Originally Posted by fjtrder View Post
    hi, my wife has the 2002 Corolla S, and recently the passenger power window becomes stuck. After a while the window will eventually move up, but it seems like it could be a bad motor or electical connection.

has anyone had a problem like this?

Thanks
    I had the same problem and I discovererd that was a bad electical connection and the solution for me was disconect de electical plug and spray WD in the electical plug and assemble again
    for me it works
    good luck

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

which electical plug did you spray? the one in the actual door that is attached to the motor? thx

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hello,

Hello, I am new here and I own a 02 corolla. I'm actually having the same problem as the topic creator. I removed the panel and actually sprayed wd40 in both plugs (the one that connects the door panel to all the wires, and the plug that has the 2 wires going to the driver window motor) with no luck. I also checked the connection on the plugs to make sure they were not bent maybe not connecting properly.

Has anyone else run into this problem? It seems like the drivers side window runs out of power.. you almost need to let it sit around for a few mins before trying again, and at that time it only moves less than an inch. It has gotten progressively worse over the months.

I just want to say thanks in advance, there is a lot of great info on this site

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi,

I have a 98 corolla and the same is happening to the driver's front window - the one that has had the most use over 170k miles! I'll let you know what I find, but suspect loose wiring or a switch, since the motor seems strong when engaged.

Liked
    3 times

The drivers side Master Control of all windows is generally the culprit.

It is an actual Window ECU and as a "brain" for all windows will tend to fail.
    This happens to all Toyotas with power windows.
    I wood focus on the driver door Main switch if yu can conclusively eliminate a mechanical failure being the problem with your window. I.E., bad track , motor or disconnected harness. and these are easy to figure out.

The main Driver master switch does not come cheap! And the whole unit (all 4 Buttons )gets replaced as an assembly.

PS, I always try to avoid open windows especially Drivers window when it is raining. Water obviously damages this component. I've seen this problem at dealers over and over for years.

I have taken many of these switches apart. They are disposable and really cannot be repaired. And, I noticed water damage. Despite the fact that they appear to be shielded for water exposure to some degree, by design.

LT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.