How to remove manual window handle?!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums Ė General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: How to remove manual window handle?!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default How to remove manual window handle?!

Ok newby here, but Iíve searched a couple times and I cannot find how to remove the window handle itself. All the PDF links are non existent anymore. On most cars you just pry the handle straight off however on my 98 corolla I cannot remove this. I have removed all screws and clips to the door panel itself so far, but I cannot remove this damn handle. Is there any specific trick to it or did the previous owner possibly glue it into place???
    Thanks for any possible help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: How to remove manual window handle?!

There is a "c-clip" of sorts that holds on all manual window cranks. I typically use a thin rag (like a t-shirt) and wedge it behind the crank and pull up and back and forth on the ends to try and pop the c-clip out from the crank handle. Since you typically can't see the two ends of the clip, you may have to work your way around the crank (360 degrees) while pulling up and back and forth on the rag.
    2004 Toyota Tundra V6 Reg Cab 2wd Auto (Phantom Gray)

Options - Tilt wheel, Intermittent Wipers, AC, Mudflaps, Cold weather package, Bed liner (removed), Carpet floor mats, Trailer hitch receiver, Door sill protectors

Mods - Cruise Control w/factory dash indicator, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar, Chromatic Mirror w/Temp & Compass, Phantom Gray Door Edge Guards, PT Industries Raptor SS Nerf for Access Cab, Fog Lights w/Factory Head Lamp Switch; Great Covers velour seat cover, 2004 Reg Base Cab Cargo Light Mod (use factory switch, no light when door opened), 2004 Reg Base Cab Auto Headlight Off Disabled Mod (lights stay on when door opened); SR5 Chrome Wheel Arch Moldings; Chrome power & heated side mirrors w/factory heat switch;Burlwood control faceplate & door switch panels; Overhead console w/garage opener & Luxeon Star LEDs; Alpex #244 Chrome dual air horns - 118db - 405Hz/450Hz - 15A; Horn baffle removal mod; Rostra Radar Backup Sensors;Pilot PL-250 Backup 55w Lights; H4 Osram Silverstar Headlights; Enkei Brawn II alloys; 245/70/16 Revos; Power Outlet Mod; Ltd Visors w/lights; RainTracker rain sensor; Factory power windows; Manik tail light SS guards #925659SP; Power door locks (DEI relay module 451M); ATS grill;ARE MX camper shell (full side screens & w/o vista window); CompuStar 2W900FM(S) Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Ignition Auto Lock;Bed Carpet Kit w/Couch & Storage Boxes; Pop&Lock PL8500 Pwr Tailgate Lock; WeatherTech Mats, TRD LSD

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Yup, I found it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Junior Member tacomatrdsport2591's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Well, not that it contributes much...but I'm bored...so the plastic C-thingie is called a snap ring!
    BOOM what a contribution that is.
    Lol...good luck with everything!
    "Close your mouth before you chew."--Marie Barone....."Close your mouth before you talk!"--Frank Barone