What Microfiber Towel

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: What Microfiber Towel

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default What Microfiber Towel

I am new to detailing and I am going to order the Duragloss polish(#105), bonding agent(#601), and spray(#951) to start off. I just don't know what mf towels are good? I don't personally own any at the moment.

I have two vehicles that I will be detailing and would like to have a set for each.

Thanks, Matt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    7 times

Default Re: What Microfiber Towel

Any microfiber will be better than an old t-shirt. I personally keep really nice microfibers for my paint (I like Autogeeks Plush towels), but for the rest of the truck (interior, wheels etc) I just like the bulk MF's from Costco or other big box stores. They need to be kept clean ( I wash mine after every use) and the cheap ones wont last but 2 washes, but they are cheap so I just buy more.
    2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 AC
    Exterior: Trd Off-Road package, Trd Skid Plate, Borla Side Exit Exhaust, 15% Llumar tint, Enkei Deep Six 20's, 285/50/20 Cooper LTZ, Bilstein 5100's, Camburg UCA's, Toytec add-a-leaf, UWS Lo-Pro Toolbox, Wilson 1000.
    Interior: Alpine 9851, CDT 6.5" components, Alpine MRP-F240, MRD-M300, ED SQ 10, Galaxy 959 CB, Yaesu VX-5R, HK USP 9mm.

Showroom Shine Details
    Premium Automotive Detailing
    www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I was wondering about the Costco pack. Thats the one I was going to go for. Will the costco ones be suffice for washing and drying or what do you suggest?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

+1 for Autogeek. Their microfiber towels are well worth it!
    2011 Platinum CM 4x4
    -Supercharged, TRD Exhaust, TRD Swaybar, Unichip w/Custom Tune, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Debadged, BHLM, Oracle SMD Halos, 35w HID 6000k, V-Leds LED's, Smoked Tail lights/3rd Brake Light, OEM 20" Carved Alloy Wheels, 275/60/20 Dynapro ATF RF10, OEM Fender Flares, Access Lorado Tonneau, Front Skid Plate, Brushed SS Running Boards, Autometer Cobalt Vac/Boost Gauge, Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by kredo View Post
    I was wondering about the Costco pack. Thats the one I was going to go for. Will the costco ones be suffice for washing and drying or what do you suggest?
    Costco's will hold up to a few washings, but not more than a few. I just buy more than one pack and then throw them out after a few washings.
    2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4x4 AC
    Exterior: Trd Off-Road package, Trd Skid Plate, Borla Side Exit Exhaust, 15% Llumar tint, Enkei Deep Six 20's, 285/50/20 Cooper LTZ, Bilstein 5100's, Camburg UCA's, Toytec add-a-leaf, UWS Lo-Pro Toolbox, Wilson 1000.
    Interior: Alpine 9851, CDT 6.5" components, Alpine MRP-F240, MRD-M300, ED SQ 10, Galaxy 959 CB, Yaesu VX-5R, HK USP 9mm.

Showroom Shine Details
    Premium Automotive Detailing
    www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Liked
    28 times

The MF towels made in Korea are the high end towels. The ones made in China are the crappy ones, they usually begin shedding after a few washes. Like Brandon, I keep the good ones for paint, and the Sams club mondo pack for dirty work.

2007 Tundra Limited DoubleCab 5.7, Silver Sky, TRD
    Honda Super Cub