Toyoguard

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyoguard

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Toyoguard question

My Tundra came with ToyoGuard which includes a paint sealant. As part of the package, I got a can of paint sealant cleaner. It says to use it every three months. Can I wax the truck with the sealant on it? Is it necessary?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Toyoguard question

Originally posted by vmaam
    My Tundra came with ToyoGuard which includes a paint sealant. As part of the package, I got a can of paint sealant cleaner. It says to use it every three months. Can I wax the truck with the sealant on it? Is it necessary?
    That is your wax......

Alan

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

How long does it last? None of the documents say.

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Originally posted by vmaam
    How long does it last? None of the documents say.
    I'm not really sure. It doesn't say how often to use it on the bottle?

I'd ask the sales people. Most likely it's not sold through the parts department, but through the sales channel so they have more info on it.

Either way, I'd ask your sales person.

My guess is that it's a synthetic protectant that should last 6 months or 7,500 miles. However, that's just speculation.

If it's actually non-synthetic or non-acrylic, then I'd apply it quarterly.

I apply even synthetics quarterly as I like my vehicle to feel just waxed slick all the time and synthetics (when applied thinly) are almost as easy as washing the truck. About and hour to an hour and a half more work than a plain wash and it will look "stop and stare" awesome!!!!

So I probably go two months, maybe three before I put another coat on the old one - comes out to be about every three or four washings. Then twice year I'll use a polish to clean the paint and put on another coat (more like two, one right on top of the other without even wiping the old one off) of protectant.

Synthetics can last a year, but I'd only guarantee six months for real protection - that's more than just beading water when it rains.

I've never used the Toyo stuff, but there are probably better products out there.

There are a couple of things that matter to me:

a) protection - this is what it's for anyway. Will it stop everything - including if your car gets egged?

b) ease of use - if it's really easy to use, you might put it on twice as much gaining i) more gloss and ii) more protection

c) gloss - does it really look good?

d) cleanliness - does it keep the car cleaner between washings.

Now, you can get the third part (awesome shine) but if I don't get the first two forget it, and I didn't realize how important the fourth was until I found a wax that does that too.

Personally, I like Zaino but I'm leaning toward some new products (maybe over a Zaino base). I tried something called Wizard's this past week though and it's amazing. It outshines Zaino, but I put a spray finish over it called Black Fire which I think might be pretty amazing too. Actually keep the car cleaner.

Try the Toyoguard a couple of times. I'd put it on again now and then again in Late November. It's probably really easy to use.

The one thing I wonder about is protection. If a bird craps on your truck, are you going to have to run to remove it before it does damage? I don't even worry about that with synthetics - it can stay on until the next rain unless I think it looks ugly.

If you've got a dark truck, I'd look at Klasse All-in-One protectant or Blackfire.

I can't recommend the Wizard's stuff I just used even though it's amazingly easy to use and shines like mirror. I need to see how long it lasts first.

Try different things including your Toyoguard and see what you like best.

But to answer your question clearly, it probably should last six months. But I'd still put it on more often as it will likely keep the dust off your vehicle better if you do it every, say, 4 months or even every 3 months. (which is *not* necessary except for looks reasons).

If it's a wax and not a synthetic, it will just evaporate a lot more in the hot sun - so just use it more often during those periods and you can stretch it out during the cooler months.

Alan

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks very much.

Liked
    0 times

Default What is" Sealant Cleaner"-came with Tundra

Hi,what is this white bottle of "Sealant Cleaner" that came with my Tundra-Gulf States Toyota?It is a sorta grey pasty liquid.I have been reluctant to use it,since I am unclear what it is,and if it will work-or cause a problem.I am always reluctant to use dual products-clean and wax at the same time etc.How can you put down much wax,if you are using a cleaner?It is to be put on a "washed vehicle ,out of direct sunlight,and buffed to remove the haze"Thanks,charlie

Liked
    0 times

i am into detailing. i would never have used this stuff except that i am working on the paint to show quality and i have to work in small parts at a time. so, i didn't want to keep removing and reapplying my expensive products just for temporary protection. so, i decided to use this stuff. boy, was i impressed! this stuff looks good. it is a synthetic product. which is fine. yes, you have to wash your truck. yes, you can mix cleaning chemicals with sealing chemicals. meg's gold class is an effective cleaner wax. the toyota stuff is made by a pro chemical suppier for high volume detail garages. anyway...

tips for application:

apply to one section at a time as thinly as you can. (section = a single fender, a single door, half a bed side, half the tail gate, half the hood.)
    buff off with clean part of towel. if you stop removing material, get a clean part of the towel. there is dust. (one downside to this product)
    finish by rebuffing the entire truck with clean polishing cloths.

try not to get it on the black trim parts and bumbers. if you do, don't wait. wipe it off right then while it's wet. happy polishing!
    2013 5.7L DCLB Super White 4x4, Work Truck, w/Tow pkg, Debadged, Tint, Bed liner, Directed SmartStart App, Intermittent Wiper Add, White Door Handle Add

Liked
    0 times

Where can a guy like me, not in the Gulf States area, get my hands on some of that stuff. Sounds like good stuff. Is it available as a Toyota Part? If so would you post the part number so I can call my dealer?

Thanks.

Liked
    0 times

Default Thanks it worked!800 # to buy Sealant

Malekoman,thanks.I tried it after "hearing " from you;it worked great,thanks! A question,what is the finely gritty feeling stuff that is on-in the clearcoat-paint even after a good,but gently,washing?How do you get rid of it.I am not much of a detailer,but I love this truck,so I want to keep it near perfect.
    Redbaron,here is the 800 # on the Sealant Cleaner Bottle.There is no part #,or bar code on the bottle,just "Sealant Cleaner " with Vehicle Protection Package underneath.If you have any trouble getting it,let me know,and I will get some the next time I go in the buy an oil filter.Luck,Charlie

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Thanks it worked!800 # to buy Sealant

Originally posted by charlie
    Redbaron,here is the 800 # on the Sealant Cleaner Bottle.There is no part #,or bar code on the bottle,just "Sealant Cleaner " with Vehicle Protection Package underneath.If you have any trouble getting it,let me know,and I will get some the next time I go in the buy an oil filter.Luck,Charlie
    Charlie, I think I have that stuff. All this time I thought it was for removing undercoating from the paint, like you would get from Ziebart if you lived in the North. These cans have "Sealant Cleaner Toyo Guard" on the front. There are two cans of it in a box that was in the storage compartment. The part number on the box is 000TG-0008 from Southeast Toyota Distributors. They are small black bottles, only 6.5 oz. Does this sound like the same stuff? I hope so, I was planning to detail my truck today. Like you, this thing is my newest baby and I want it to last.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Liked
    0 times

Default Sounds a lot like it-Gray liquid paste?

Jeff,it sounds a lot like it,other than the bottle size.Is it a grayish liquid paste with a heavy petro. smell?What are the directions?.
    "Apply a small amount to dampened clean,soft cloth.Apply to one section of car at a time,and allow to dry to a haze.Buff with a clean,soft cloth to remove haze.Repeat process over entire vehicle"
    It also says" to maintain vehicle protection package warranty apply at least twice a year to a clean vehicle" The warranty might be one of those BS $500 add ons that Gulf States tacks on to the stickerlike Scotch guarding the seat fabric.
    Let me know the color and consistency.Malekoman is right,the stuff works great!Luck,Charlie

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Sounds a lot like it-Gray liquid paste?

Jeff,it sounds a lot like it,other than the bottle size.Is it a grayish liquid paste with a heavy petro. smell?What are the directions?.
    "Apply a small amount to dampened clean,soft cloth.Apply to one section of car at a time,and allow to dry to a haze.Buff with a clean,soft cloth to remove haze.Repeat process over entire vehicle"
    It also says" to maintain vehicle protection package warranty apply at least twice a year to a clean vehicle" The warranty might be one of those BS $500 add ons that Gulf States tacks on to the stickerlike Scotch guarding the seat fabric.
    Let me know the color and consistency.Malekoman is right,the stuff works great!Luck,Charlie
    Yep. That's it. It's the same consisency as Turtle Wax after your son left the cap off it all night :-) Can't wait to try it out this afternoon.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Thanks it worked!800 # to buy Sealant

Malekoman,thanks.I tried it after "hearing " from you;it worked great,thanks! A question,what is the finely gritty feeling stuff that is on-in the clearcoat-paint even after a good,but gently,washing?How do you get rid of it.I am not much of a detailer,but I love this truck,so I want to keep it near perfect.
    You can get rid of that gritty feeling residue with some detailing clay and a lubricant that will pull the particles out of the paint. After you use that, it will feel silky smooth. Like when it was new.

After you clay, polish and wax the vehicle. Polish won't protect it but it will enhance he shine. The wax/protectant MUST be applied after claying the vehicle. If you can't wax afterward, don't clay the vehicle.

Alan

Liked
    0 times

ok. fine. the detailing secret is out. detailing clay, ah the glories of it. anyway, here are some ideas.

what i use

description of use

good stuff at auto stores

meg's

also at auto stores

happy detailing!
    2013 5.7L DCLB Super White 4x4, Work Truck, w/Tow pkg, Debadged, Tint, Bed liner, Directed SmartStart App, Intermittent Wiper Add, White Door Handle Add

Liked
    0 times

Default Toyoguard protection package

I live in an area that is serviced by Southeast Toyota Distributors. My truck came with the Toyoguard package, which is like a sealant package that is probably a rip off.

However, my truck came with a bottle of Toyoguard Sealant Cleaner, which I suspect is just car wax. I have used it all and would like to get some more but the dealer wants $30 a bottle for it and I think that is steep. Anybody found it online or some where else cheaper. This wax really doesnt make the truck shine any better, but it seems to last much longer than the Meguirs carnubra (or however you spell it) wax I have also used.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM