Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Rattle/Squeak Noise from Rear Single Seat

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  harryliu 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Sequoia and the single middle row seat is shaking when no one is in it and making a squeaking noise that is very irritating. I mentioned it to the dealership and they suggested saddlesoap on the leather. Anyway, I have continued to condition the leather with a leather conditioner but it is still making this noise. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved? Also, I noticed that my drivers seat on the left side is wearing badly. My Sequoia has only 26K miles and my 98 Expedition w/105,000 mi seats are in near mint condition. Any ideas as well? Thanks for your time and expertise!

Jo -

#2 ·
i have an 03, brought it to two dealers who gave up trying to find it. I thought it was:

The seats - no, I removed them all.
The tire under the car - can cause it but I removed it and still had the noise.
The rear gate - I put vasoline in the contact spots - still the nise was there.
Checked the roof rack, the spoiler; you name it.

Then I found the little bastard!

Where the seatbelt for the middle row connects to the wall there is a panel. By repeatedly pushing in on the panel I was able to make the noise it took me 30,000 miles to find. There is foam insulation behind the panel that is connected to the plastic with some sticky, black glue - which separated. I used a silicone glue - put it back on and no more squeack.

To get the seatbelt off pull the plastic cap off and there is a bolt underneath.

#3 ·
Good tip, I have the same rattle noise recently, maybe I should look at the seatbelt cap.
Your tip reminds me of the noise from front passger side seatbelt twisted every time someone left the car.
Similar noise to me, I should have thought of that.

Let me try my luck this coming long weekend.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.