RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

Hi,

I recently bought an extra remote for my 2002 SR5 (I have the factory keyless that I "upgraded" to the alarm). I have the instructions for the RS3000 showing how to add the remote, but it involves pressing a button on the "alarm ECU." I have looked all under my dash and all I see is an aftermarket-looking alarm box. This box has no button on it to push. Does anyone know any other method for adding a remote to an '02? The alarm unit I see under the dash does not look like the one in the instructions. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Chris

bluebirdlx@yahoo.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2002 Keyless Entry ECU Location - Missing?

I am having the same issue on my 2002 Tundra (built 01/02). I want to add a remote, the existing remote is clearly the RS3000 vintage, but I can't find the RS3000 ECU under the dash.

I found one drawing on this board that appeared to show the ECU behind and to the right of the speedo cluster. If it is back there, I probably would not be able to see it from under the dash.

Does anyone know exactly where the RS3000 is on a 2002? Is it necessary to take out the speedo cluster to access it?

Liked
    9 times
    Images

If it's in the same location as my 2000's it should be visible under the dash to the right of the steering column with the lower dash panel removed. It's black in color and about the size of a cigarette pack. There is no button on mine that could be pushed. I added the complete RS3000 VIP system to mine shortly after I got it. I'd think that as long as the remote has the same FCC # as your old one it should program the same way as your RS3000 manual describes.
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdlx
    Hi,

I recently bought an extra remote for my 2002 SR5 (I have the factory keyless that I "upgraded" to the alarm). I have the instructions for the RS3000 showing how to add the remote, but it involves pressing a button on the "alarm ECU." I have looked all under my dash and all I see is an aftermarket-looking alarm box. This box has no button on it to push. Does anyone know any other method for adding a remote to an '02? The alarm unit I see under the dash does not look like the one in the instructions. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Chris

bluebirdlx@yahoo.com.
    Against the fire wall to the right side of the steering column. Installation instructions to locate can be found at (2001 - ) TVIP V3 (RS3000) PT08586-34861 and progammming instructions can be found at INFO: Programming Remote Keyless Entry for 2002 MY Tundra
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

ljb
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Re: RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just got a 2002 Tundra Limited. I have lots of questions, but the one right now is related to locating the ECU for the RS3000 alarm/keyless entry unit. I want to add a second remote and you need to access the ECU to program it. I have searched and found info stating that the ECU is on the steering column near the firewall or near the steering column but you need to remove the lower dash panel or behind the glove box.

I have looked behind the glove box...nothing there. Looked by the steering column near fire wall...nothing. Didn't remove the lower dash panel because it looked a bit daunting, but I was able to get under there and look up. I found a gray box up there that has a small hole on the side and what looks like a green button recessed behind that hole. I'm wondering if that could be the ECU? If so, I could get a stiff wire up there and push the button without dismantling any of the dash.

Does anyone agree that this is, in fact, the RS3000 ECU? If it's not then I'm stuck because I can't find it. My Tundra has a 5/2002 manufacture date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, NHPARROT, the two links you provided for locating and programming led me only to a page stating I didn't have privledges to access that information. I have a paid subscription so I don't know why I can't get to that stuff.

Larry

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

Larry -- I have the EXACT problem. I can't find the ECU either. Do you have any success? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

- Tim

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: RS3000 Alarm Question-Add Remote

Hey guys added three remotes too my RS3000 VIP system the other day. cost $34 on ebay from mykeyless. they sent me a beta one to try also, that is why I got three. ECU is located in different places, mine was located to the left of speedometer, that level, two faced tape too the far left of dash, had to remove to get to the green button. it is recessed. It is facing front of truck, too hard to push had to take a screw driver under to release tape. Pryed the plastic part of the dash lowest partthen slipped it out, wasn't as hard as you would think. Follow the LED from security to find ecu