Autozone, Free testing. (check engine light)

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autozone, Free testing. (check engine light)

Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Autozone, Free testing.

I just called Autozone. The guy answered the phone offering free testing. That, I thought, is great. I want some testing for a check engin light. Then the guy says it's not really free, well it is sort of. You buy a Diagnostic tool from them $170.00 aprox. Use it and then bring it back for a refund.

Has anyone else done this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

They should do it for free. My wifes civic engine light came on. Took it to autozone they plugged it in and told me a spark plug wire was shot. Bought the wires and it fixed everything. You shouldn't have to buy the tool at all.

Later.

Liked
    0 times

yeah, it's like a deposit in case you break or steal their tools
    I finish what the factory started...

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    706 times
    Images

that's only if you want to bring it home. you can just ask the guy at the counter to grab the reader and head to the parking lot, only takes a second.

-s

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    0 times

THanks guys.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.