Need help! Alarm keeps going off.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Need help! Alarm keeps going off.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Need help! Alarm keeps going off.

I just bought a used 01 Sequioa (41K miles). I washed it twice since I bought it. Yesterday was the second time. All through the night my factory alarm would start beeping for no reason. I have come to the conclusion that it is not the transmitters because I removed both batteries and it still went off. Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue. It is driving me and my neighbors nuts.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    9 times
    Images

I'm not sure what could cause this except maybe the combo of cold weather and the wash jobs. I'd suspect possibly the door switches or the lock/unlock control on the inside drivers door panel. Pretty vague guesses though. You didn't say whether it's a factory alarm or aftermarket alarm. You said beep, not horns going off so I'll guess factory alarm. If it is factory the beeper device is wrapped in foam and is located under the hood next to your brake master cylinder on the inside fender panel. Just disconnect the two wires to it. Won't help stop your lights from flashing though. Maybe another member will jump in with a fuse or another wire you can pull.

Larry
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

Liked
    0 times

Does this happen only after unlocking the vehicle?

Check out my other post
    Alarm sounding when unlocking
    2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited
    1999 Saab 9-5 SE V6 LPT

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default More info.

Thank you for your help.

It is a factory alarm and it happens the night of and day after I wash it. I did figure out that if I lock it from the inside and do not push the arm button on my remote it will not go off.

But now that is has dried out I can arm it with no false alarms.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default more info 2

The alarm goes off without warning whenever it feels like it. Middle of the night after I wash it happens the most.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    18 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffakennedy@rcn.com
    The alarm goes off without warning whenever it feels like it. Middle of the night after I wash it happens the most.
    Some alarms will false trigger when the remote batteries need replacement. Other than that you may have an intermittent short in the vehicle that triggers the alarm.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    0 times

i just fixed one where the door was out of adjustment and would seem shut, then the alarm would go off at random when the connection would say the door was open, have a look.
    MAtt
    2002 Acura NSX, supercharged +++
    2006 BMW 530i awd-wagon, all black 20"s, wifey's
    05 Tundra D-cab sr5, saws etc. SOLD
    03 Sequoia Ltd, navi/dvd/back up camera, TOTALED
    1991 S13 drifter, built to be beaten
    09 Sequoia ltd, 4x4 navi dvd on order....

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Do you have a glass break sensor?

Glass break sensor WAY to sensitive? COLD may cause crackling w/water from the wash?

P

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Glass break sensor

Yes it does have a glass break sensor. That is a good possibility. I will look into all of the responses. Thanks for your time.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Need help! Alarm keeps going off.

I'm new here so bear with me please. Just bought a 2003 Tundra after years of a Toy4x4..love the truck BUT almost nightly the alarm goes off (horn not beep). Only does it once. We have gone for a week without it going off but for the most part it happens once a night (never during the day) and of course I have a cranky neighbor. I have changed the batteries in the remote. The other day I changed a dead tail light and it's been quiet for two nights but I know that can't be it. Any suggestions anyone? I do live in an apartment complex but no one else has mouthy vehicles I need some direction to persue.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Need help! Alarm keeps going off.

The short story

Same problem with a 2004 Tundra, going on intermittently for 2 years. Once reset the problem would rest for a week, months and then repeat. Mechanics couldn't find the problem and the fault wouldn't stay so it was like looking for a ghost. This time it held, interior lights wouldn't work along with the stereo, odometers etc. Started looking at the fuses and found one that wasn't seated, pushed it in and the alarm went off. Now everything is working as it should, seems to have been the problem. Labeled short pin, in the box under the hood. Fingers crossed.