Toyota Tundra Forums banner

D-Cab Sunroof Visor???

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lexus Luthor 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they make one yet? Or does the Sequoia one fit the Tundra?

I noticed that w/ the sunroof open and no other windows even cracked that I get that horrible ear killing wind thumping sound. :eek:

Anyone else notice this on their D-Cabs w/ sunroof?

Thanks for your help. :ts:

#6 ·
I get the same thumping sound out of mine when I get above about 45 MPH. And only when I manually slide the roof back after the auto-open has stopped. If I leave it where it stops by itself I don't get the noise. My buddy has an '04 Sequoia that doesn't exhibit this behavior, but he does have the sunroof visor.

#7 ·
tuesdayd said:
My buddy has an '04 Sequoia that doesn't exhibit this behavior, but he does have the sunroof visor.
Yeah because he has the sunroof visor. That is why. Guess i will have to get one. I understand that using the rear window helps but it should not be that way. I should not have the thumping sound at all..period, end of story. Most car manucatures know this but obviously Toyota did not test this one out that much.

I guess I found my first and only complaint about the DC so far. Not bad though for a new truck. :D

#8 ·
I have one on my DC Tundra. I got it from http://www.mrtoyotaparts.com/. It does allow me to open the sunroof at highway speeds without getting beaten by the wind. However I'm not sure if I'll keep it on or not. Maybe I'm just looking for it, but there seems to be more wind noise in the cabin with the moonroof closed. Also, I'm not totally convinced that it looks right. It kinda' disrupts the smooth lines of the vehicle. One other thing, it seemed to me that before I put it on I could tip up the moonroof and crack the rear window and it would be very queit. Now it seems to be a bit noisier in that position.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.