2006 4.7 Motor Toast - Get A New Motor? - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

2006 4.7 Motor Toast - Get A New Motor?

Hey guys, been lurking for a while now and had a few issues with my wife's rig; first had the knock sensor go, then did the belt, got it all back together and 5 miles down the road it started running ROUGH; took the intake off and the #8 cylinder has either a broken exhaust valve spring, or the seat came out. Either way, I am looking into finding a lower-mile donor since there may be collision damage and the head will probably have damage and need resurfacing which will cost more than a new motor. It seems the Tundra's are not a real big part of the JDM, so I am looking into salvage yards to find the donor. My question is, has anyone done this, or know of a good yard anywhere that I can find a good donor motor? Thanks for any and all input.

Last edited by LakeTahoeBlaster; 06-21-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Rookie

Re: 2006 4.7 Motor Toast - Get A New Motor?

You might give Jasper Engines a call. Unfortunately they don't list their products on their website so you'll have to call them directly.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Lurking Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging AMT View Post
You might give Jasper Engines a call. Unfortunately they don't list their products on their website so you'll have to call them directly.
Jasper Engines and Transmissions: Find A Price

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 AM
Lurking Member

Jasper had no engine available in 4.7 liter for Tundra. Only six cylinder is available at $4600 per jasper web site. Just FYI to old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page