Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Wash to remove wax?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JaredPointer 
#1 ·
I know the standard process for removing wax is to wipe off the white residue with a terry cloth or something, but why not wash it off?

after you wax it, let it dry, when you would usually wipe it off, why not just wash the truck again and dry it? it seems like it would be easier than trying to remove stubborn wax, and you would also knock down the shiney oily swirls left behind by most waxes....

I'm sure there's some reason, and I just don't know it...

#2 ·
rx7vert said:
I know the standard process for removing wax is to wipe off the white residue with a terry cloth or something, but why not wash it off?

after you wax it, let it dry, when you would usually wipe it off, why not just wash the truck again and dry it? it seems like it would be easier than trying to remove stubborn wax, and you would also knock down the shiney oily swirls left behind by most waxes....

I'm sure there's some reason, and I just don't know it...
I thought the water would dilute the wax, or totally wash it off......

The manufacturer recommended uses never includes washing it off..... at least not the paste waxes or polishes.....

#4 ·
rx7vert said:
Rubbing the wax off ('buffing') is what makes it shine. If it's hard to remove, you put too much on. Wet the applicator and be sparing with the wax. It should buff off with a wipe or two.

#6 ·
Anyone have a solution for removing dried wax in the small cracks and spaces?

ST

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.