Fuel Filter Location ???

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Fuel Filter Location ???

Liked
    0 times

Default Fuel Filter Location ???

I wanted to change my fuel filter out but I dont know if Im just blind or what. I tried looking for it on the firewall since that were the fuel filters are for all my other cars but didnt see it. Need help locating it, anyone know where it is ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Haven't checked myself...but try following the fuel lines coming from the fuel rail, injectors, fuel pressure regultor, etc.
    Get down, Do you?

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by mit42ls
    I wanted to change my fuel filter out but I dont know if Im just blind or what. I tried looking for it on the firewall since that were the fuel filters are for all my other cars but didnt see it. Need help locating it, anyone know where it is ???
    TUNDRA FUEL FILTER V8 PART NO. 23030-62010 (small no maintenance item located under the fuel injection system at the intake manifold-small one at the engine under the intake that is extremely difficult to get to)

FUEL FILTER (located on the driver's side frame rail under the cab near the driver's door-inline filter on the frame rail-NAPA direct replacement for the stock filter (approx. $20 - dealer $40)

~MS

~~MustangSally~~

2001 Tundra Limited
    TRD 4x4
    Imperial Jade Mica/Thunder Gray Metallic

Liked
    0 times

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I needed to know.

Liked
    0 times

What is the recommended maintenance interval on the fuel filter?

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    642 times
    Images

recommended maintenance, or realistic maintenance? realistically, consider changing it at 90k, maybe. also, i think theyre under 10 bucks at autozone...kind of a pain to change actually.

-s

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSixtySeven
    recommended maintenance, or realistic maintenance? realistically, consider changing it at 90k, maybe. also, i think theyre under 10 bucks at autozone...kind of a pain to change actually.

-s
    Technically, you should pull the pump fuse and then run the engine to bleed the pressure out of the fuel line. That's the right way to do it. After that it's easy to disconnect and it's very accessible on the inside of the frame rail, driver side, right about where the box meets the cab. Climbing underneath you can't miss it.

Realistically, wrap an old t-shirt or towel around the hose ends and then loosen the fittings. Gas will *definitely* squirt out though!

The second choice is NOT the CARB compliant choice though but it is easier and slightly messier. Obvoiusly, be careful with the flameable materials.

Maybe you can use the gas soaked rag to clean something greasy and messy if you think about it. Though gasoline, again, is not an approved solvent due to the flameability. But it works great!

Alan

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    642 times
    Images

gasoline is GREAT stuff for gleaning packing grease off old guns.

the first method works fine, i think that's actually what i did, or something similar. anyway, i ran it til the engine stopped, then disconnected the fuel filter. a little gas will still dribble and make a mess, since the filter will be full, so use gloves or something. squirting gasoline and gas vapors are no joke! wrapping the filter is a good idea, i didnt do that myself, just used a catch pan, the wrap is a better idea.

putting it back together is a pain, youll see, and theres really no good way to describe the process...just fiddle with it. when youre ready to tighten it down, get it snug, then as thunder grey tundra put it, "crank the crap out of it" (i send him a pm a while back asking for help cuz mine leaked at first).

-s

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    0 times

So there is a 2nd filter under the intake manifold? (am I reading this threat right?)

How would I have ever known that? Should I get the factory manuals?

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Fuel Filter Location ???

Are there 2 filters? Change them both, wich one is most important?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Fuel Filter Location ???

How often should I change my fuel filter