When to add a fuel injector cleaner?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: When to add a fuel injector cleaner?

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default When to add a fuel injector cleaner?

Just wanted to know when is the best time to add such a product? (ie right before or after an oil change, halfway through tank, right as tank is full, etc) fyi: I have around 67,000 miles and have never done this before. I probably will clean the tb soon too.
    2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5

Vroom VroomParty Starter

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by PagalDesi4Life
    Just wanted to know when is the best time to add such a product? (ie right before or after an oil change, halfway through tank, right as tank is full, etc) fyi: I have around 67,000 miles and have never done this before. I probably will clean the tb soon too.
    I add a bottle every 3000 miles when I fill up...
    2001 Silver Sky Metallic 4x2 SR5 V8 Access Cab TRD | JBA Titanium Ceramic Coated Headers | Ivan Stewart Aero Kit | Ivan Stewart Graphics and Plaque | ABS | Auto Dimming Temp/Compass Mirror | Toyota Chrome Tube Steps | Toyota UTR Bed Liner | Hidden Hitch receiver w/ DrawTite Wiring | Toyota VIP 3000 Security System | TRD Floor Mats | Alpine CDA-9811 HU | Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio | Polk Audio DB6500 Components (Front) | Polk Audio DB675 Coaxials (Rear) | Alpine MRP-F450 Amp. | JL Audio Stealthbox | JL Audio 250/1 Amp. | Total Chaos Steering Rack Bushings | Hellwig Rear Anti-Sway Bar w/ Greaseable Bushing Mod | Daystar Front Urethane Bushing Kit w/ Greaseable Bushing Mod | Optima 34R Battery | Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines | Brembo rotors | OSRAM SilverStar Headlights | Sylvania SilverStar Fog Lights | 5 Michelin LTX M/S Tires and Extra Alloy Wheel for 5 Wheel Rotation | Wheel and Spare Tire Locks | Synthetic Fluids

Liked
    1 times

A friend of mine (an engine builder) told me that mixing fuel injector cleaner into a full tank right before an oil change, driving it til almost empty, then doing the oil change was his way of doing it, since if there's any carbon residue that makes it past the rings or gets in the oil, it will be poured out with the old oil. I'm not sure how valid this is, but he's an old school hot rodder who's built blown nitro burning dragster engines, so he probably knows a few tricks...
    Tundra LTD TRD AC V8 4wd White

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    A friend of mine (an engine builder) told me that mixing fuel injector cleaner into a full tank right before an oil change, driving it til almost empty, then doing the oil change was his way of doing it, since if there's any carbon residue that makes it past the rings or gets in the oil, it will be poured out with the old oil. I'm not sure how valid this is, but he's an old school hot rodder who's built blown nitro burning dragster engines, so he probably knows a few tricks...
    Yea thats what one of my friends told me so I wanted to ask on here too to see if that was valid and if majority of the ppl who do use those cleaners do follow that procedure.
    2001 Toyota Sequoia SR5

Vroom VroomParty Starter

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Bottle fuel injector cleaners are a waste of money, IMHO. You should be fine if you buy gas from a major brand like Chevron, Mobil, etc., as they all have the best detergents. The money is better spent on new fuel filters every 15K miles and a complete fuel system service every 30K miles.