Diagnostic codes PO441&PO446

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Diagnostic codes PO441&PO446

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Diagnostic codes PO441&PO446

Hi,
    I need some help resolving a Check engine light condition.

I rented the Code reader, and I'm getting PO441& PO446. Plus a pending version of both of them. I read a series of posts where a VSV and charcoal canister problem were diagnosed. Do you know what these two codes mean together?
    After reading old posts, I'm wondering if overfilling the gas tank last night might be the problem. If the canister is blocked, will it free itself, after the level in the fuel tank comes down? If the tank is flooded will the fuel evaporate out and return to normal?

Thank in advance,
    Don Coulter
    San Leandro Ca.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    241 times
    Images

Default Re: Diagnostic codes PO441&PO446

Try checking for any loose, disconnected hoses. Start at the EVAP system and work your way out.

Clear out your PM box. I tired PMing you with some additional resources.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Turns out it was an overfull fuel tank. Burning some gas seems to have taken care of it.

Thanks,
    Don

Liked
    0 times

I have also have codes PO441 & PO446 and I am not lucky enough have a full tank. I am in the habit of filling my tank up to the very top of the filler tube. Anyone have the diagnostic procedures and the location of the items I'm diagnosing. For a 2001 tundra with 4.7

Thanks Mark
    Spin tech 3224XL, JBA Cat4ward® Headers, JBA Titanium Header Coating, Powertrax No-Slip, CR Laurence Co.® Sliding Window, Powered by Unichip, PC2150 ODYSSEY® Drycell battery, TruSpeed Speedometer Recalibrator, Peel™ & Seal
    6"x25' Roll Self-Stick Aluminum Faced, stubbswelding.com SKO Tundra access cab rock sliders with the heavy duty legs, LT265/75SR16 C Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQII Technology, WHEELER'S Tundra 4X4 Performance Front Coil Set, Hellwig Anti Swaybar, Ivan Stewart grill.

Liked
    241 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStop
    I have also have codes PO441 & PO446 and I am not lucky enough have a full tank. I am in the habit of filling my tank up to the very top of the filler tube. Anyone have the diagnostic procedures and the location of the items I'm diagnosing. For a 2001 tundra with 4.7

Thanks Mark
    This is related to your EVAP system. Black box with a bunch of hoses coming out of it, near your brake booster, reservoir, etc. I know there is a troubleshooting checklist in the Subscriber Forum. Look in there. If you haven't found it, I'll look for it later.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by dyogim
    This is related to your EVAP system. Black box with a bunch of hoses coming out of it, near your brake booster, reservoir, etc. I know there is a troubleshooting checklist in the Subscriber Forum. Look in there. If you haven't found it, I'll look for it later.
    Thanks I was crawling under the truck looking for it. I have looked but haven't found the checklist. Since TS changed the garage I've had a heck of a time finding info.

Mark
    Spin tech 3224XL, JBA Cat4ward® Headers, JBA Titanium Header Coating, Powertrax No-Slip, CR Laurence Co.® Sliding Window, Powered by Unichip, PC2150 ODYSSEY® Drycell battery, TruSpeed Speedometer Recalibrator, Peel™ & Seal
    6"x25' Roll Self-Stick Aluminum Faced, stubbswelding.com SKO Tundra access cab rock sliders with the heavy duty legs, LT265/75SR16 C Dueler A/T REVO with UNI-T AQII Technology, WHEELER'S Tundra 4X4 Performance Front Coil Set, Hellwig Anti Swaybar, Ivan Stewart grill.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by dyogim
    Looks like it was a loose hose. I was tugging on hoses and connections and ended up with a hose in my hand, so I'm assuming the other end was disconnected I hooked it back up and flipped the switch on the unichip to clear codes and all looks good so far.

Thanks Mark

Liked
    241 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStop
    Looks like it was a loose hose. I was tugging on hoses and connections and ended up with a hose in my hand, so I'm assuming the other end was disconnected I hooked it back up and flipped the switch on the unichip to clear codes and all looks good so far.

Thanks Mark
    Exactly what happened to me....At least it was an easy fix.