FOUND: TRD 4.7L Superchargers FOR SALE - Page 8

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: FOUND: TRD 4.7L Superchargers FOR SALE

Liked
    155 times
    Images

Default Re: FOUND: TRD 4.7L Superchargers FOR SALE

Don't have much time to look through the whole thread right now, so sorry if this has already been answered, but am I correct in saying that there was not a TRD SC made for the 2005-06 Tundras/Sequoias?
    2005 Tundra SR5 TRD Access Cab (Gone, but not forgotten) Sold with 119,426 miles

2003 BMW 530i Alpine White (5-speed manual)

M5 rear spoiler|M Sport Front Bumper|17" BBS RK Wheels (8.5" front, 10" rear)|Eibach front and rear anti-sway bars|Solowerks S1 Coilovers|Muffler Delete Mod|ZHP Shift Knob|M Sport Steering Wheel Swap

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    5 times

I put together a parts list for my supercharger hunting, I figured I'd share it with everyone for feedback or their own use when looking at a super charger. All of this is cut and pasted out of the 1998-2002 Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470, 2001-2002 Sequoia, 2000-2002 Tundra installation instruction manual.

Parts list for 1998-2002 Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470, 2001-2002 Sequoia, 2000-2002 Tundra SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
    not all bolts

o supplied ½” x 17” rubber hose on the oil cooler pipe
    o hose clamps
    o idler bushing into the backside of the TRD idler pulley
    o idler pulley
    o water inlet housing bolts
    o trd thermostat, and gasket
    o two TRD supplied relocation brackets and two 6mm bolts to move wire loom housing towards firewall
    o throttle cable support bracket 25.4mm (1.0 inch) spacer
    o steel fuel return line
    o nylon wrap over the passenger-side heater hose
    o bypass actuator valve assemble kit
    o 9th injector fuel delivery line
    o banjo bolt and gaskets to install the 9th injector fuel delivery line
    o front fuel pipe
    o idler pulley bracket
    o supplied drive belt - Tundra trucks use a 2700mm long, 6-rib belt. Sequoia, Land Cruiser and LX470 use a 2630mm long, 6-rib belt.
    o 90-degree brass hose fitting for 3/16” x 29” long hose
    o bracket to the rearmounting hole on the driver-side wire loom housing
    o front wire loom bracket using the TRD intake manifold bolt
    o 7/32” x 8” long bypass actuator hose
    o 3/16” x 13” long hose from the upper port of the bypass actuator to the steel hose nipple
    o two aluminum spacers on the passenger-side cam cover. The spacers will raise the intake air connector off the cam cover. The tall spacer is used for the rear mount. The short spacer is used for the front mount
    o 3 Ό” diameter hose for the intake air connector
    o TRD Engine Control Unit (ECU)

Liked
    95 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
    Don't have much time to look through the whole thread right now, so sorry if this has already been answered, but am I correct in saying that there was not a TRD SC made for the 2005-06 Tundras/Sequoias?
    Yes, you are correct, but if you do want one installed in your truck, there is a thread where Scot did a great write up on how to make one work from earlier TRD SC days. I have TRD SC for 06 Tundra, but it was only one in testing phase, and TRD decided not to do mass production of TRD SC for vvti 2uz-fe motors
    2006 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4x4 - TRD supercharged, TRD BBK, TRD exhaust, 7009 navi w/custom JBL wire harness + OEM XM/Sirus radio, and many other mods.

Liked
    221 times

2003 Toyota Tundra V-8 Access Cab, 4.7L 4x4---(TRD supercharger removed....For Now)
    PolyDyn 3000 degree Ceramic Coated---S&S Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Catalytic Converters, OEM Toyota Gaskets, studs, nuts
    S&S Y-pipe, BAMuffler, Volant CAI w/ AMSOIL Ea Air Induction Filter # EaAU3560 & Pre-Filter
    305/65/17 BFG KM2 Muds on American Racing ATX: 17" Teflon Coated Aluminum Artillery Wheels
    MOTIVE 4.56 gears: Front & Rear Differential/Axle Bearings: KOYO bearings: Cryo'd, REM polished/Microblue Racing Coated
    Front IFS/Diff: ARB RD90 Locker, ORS Manual hub conversion, Fully Re-Inforced/Gusseted Spindle
    Donahoe Racing Coilovers (cranked 2.5")
    Total Chaos Upper Control Arms With TC Nylatron Bushing upgrade, Poly Rack Bushings.
    Rear Diff: ARB RD129 Locker, ICON 2.5"--- 11" travel piggyback resevoir Rear shocks w/ Deaver G57 10 pack rear springs, Custom U-Bolt Flip Conversion
    Custom 3" Body Lift: Upgraded Grade 8 / F911 1/2" bolts, DayStar Poly Cab Mount Kit
    Custom extended Steering Shaft for 3" BL
    Custom Fitted ARB Sahara Bumper for 3" body Lift with Fog Light Kit and HID converted KC SlimLites in Front and WARN 9.5XP winch.
    All 3: Skid-Row Skid-plates
    Stoptech ST-40 4 piston Calipers
    ---1 Piece: 340mm x 32mm Sport Rotors, Stoptech Street Performance brake pads

Liked
    346 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjr4750 View Post
    Wow. Someone wants it bad!!! Looks like 2 people playing the bid game. I think this unit has $4500 price tag coming up. I would prefer to see more pics though. Says it is complete, but, ..........
    JB

2000 Tundra Supercharged 4.7 TRD (Ivan) in Sunfire Red Pearl.

Long mod list, but, have some pics in my gallery here

Liked
    5 times

What is the avg lifecycle for one of these Superchargers? Anyone have one with 100-200k miles on it?
    Is it a simple process to rebuild it once some of the internal parts are worn?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

He got some good money for that charger on ebay! ^ I sold mine last Friday. Kinda regret it, but first things first, gotta have a car to drive. The SC later.
    Psalm 25:4-7 |CALI KREW|

Liked
    95 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 00N8 View Post
    What is the avg lifecycle for one of these Superchargers? Anyone have one with 100-200k miles on it?
    Is it a simple process to rebuild it once some of the internal parts are worn?
    if you change gear oil in SC regularly, it will last 200,000 easy
    jbtoy likes this.

Liked
    346 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
    if you change gear oil in SC regularly, it will last 200,000 easy
    You can get 300k if you rebuild and powder coat it....

**00N8, yes, you can rebuild the SC if you chose. I did mine last November. I have a thread in the force induction section with some pics.
    , or it can be done at a professional shop like this:

http://www.psesuperchargers.com/Prod...00-2004-V8.htm
    Last edited by jbtoy; 03-27-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Crazy Ivan likes this.
    JB

2000 Tundra Supercharged 4.7 TRD (Ivan) in Sunfire Red Pearl.

Long mod list, but, have some pics in my gallery here

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Good and bad news! I just left the shop in Burbank that wound up purchasing my SC last Friday, their check bounced what a headache, back on eBay it goes!

Liked
    221 times

Quote Originally Posted by NITE_GRIND View Post
    Good and bad news! I just left the shop in Burbank that wound up purchasing my SC last Friday, their check bounced what a headache, back on eBay it goes!
    Now that I'm seeing the posting. β–„β–€β–„β–€ Genuine TUNDRA 4.7L TRD SUPERCHARGER TOYOTA/LEXUS 9TH INJECTORβ–„β–€β–„β–€ | eBay
    I remember this being listed for $800..on Craigslist.. just the unit.
    I remember the front inlet being modified. Which it should have never been modified like that.
    The TRD supercharger throttle body inlet/upper intake tract is already small enough as it is in OEM format.
    The hood should have been modified. Simple as that.
    There's no way to prove you just filled a void. Its now missing material. ( Un-Modified upper plenum pic provided )
    I'll be posting the throttle body inlet pics later on to show people my concern and what is now missing on this modified inlet.

No... I'm not the original asking inquirer either.
    People Ask me questions when they have concerns.

Now.
    The actual TRD fuel dampener on the auxiliary injector housing....on the back half of the supercharger inlet looks bent. Its obviously ...not straight.
    This unit has been opened ??? .. What for ??
    The bolts are not even tightened down.
    It has to be re-sealed.

Most rusted pulley I've ever seen as well.
    The original previous owner sure trashed this supercharger.
    Good luck on that not gouging the inner rubber on the Gates V belt.
    The belt won't break but it will gouge the 6 rib-V grooves.
    My buddy has a TRD prototype supercharger that is rusted like this and it has sharp edges. We tested the old belt on it and it was gouging it.
    We researched getting a new pulley made. Pulleyboys wanted 600-800 bucks for a one off pulley to be made. We told them .. NO THANKS!
    I'd suggest this supercharger unit be completely torn down, De-Rusted.
    New powdercoat as is being suggested.
    And Then.....Rebuilt as there is rust around the Drivers side Eaton supercharger rotor casing/housing where the snout is bolted to.
    The seal leaks oil around this portion when contaminant free.

The first picture (single pic, upper left) ..... is before the .. "modification" ???

My biggest gripe is.... The modification of the inlet.
    A hood scoop would have worked much better on the hood.

So Glad I got my supercharger for $1500 in 2009. Everything included minus a few bolts. Unichip was included.
    Mine had 5K miles on it but I still got it rebuilt as it sat for 4 years.

I know a few people I've forwarded almost complete $1000 - $1500 TRD supercharger kits .. and they're kicking themselves in the head lately and every time they see these postings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM_0080.jpg 
Views:	1346 
Size:	407.0 KB 
ID:	85249  
    jbtoy likes this.
    2003 Toyota Tundra V-8 Access Cab, 4.7L 4x4---(TRD supercharger removed....For Now)
    PolyDyn 3000 degree Ceramic Coated---S&S Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Catalytic Converters, OEM Toyota Gaskets, studs, nuts
    S&S Y-pipe, BAMuffler, Volant CAI w/ AMSOIL Ea Air Induction Filter # EaAU3560 & Pre-Filter
    305/65/17 BFG KM2 Muds on American Racing ATX: 17" Teflon Coated Aluminum Artillery Wheels
    MOTIVE 4.56 gears: Front & Rear Differential/Axle Bearings: KOYO bearings: Cryo'd, REM polished/Microblue Racing Coated
    Front IFS/Diff: ARB RD90 Locker, ORS Manual hub conversion, Fully Re-Inforced/Gusseted Spindle
    Total Chaos Upper Control Arms With TC Nylatron Bushing upgrade, Poly Rack Bushings.
    Rear Diff: ARB RD129 Locker, ICON 2.5"--- 11" travel piggyback resevoir Rear shocks w/ Deaver G57 10 pack rear springs, Custom U-Bolt Flip Conversion
    Custom 3" Body Lift: Upgraded Grade 8 / F911 1/2" bolts, DayStar Poly Cab Mount Kit
    Custom Fitted ARB Sahara Bumper for 3" body Lift with Fog Light Kit and HID converted KC SlimLites in Front and WARN 9.5XP winch.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I agree w/ the hood mod vs. the inlet housing.

I can snap some internal shot of the screws and upper plenum if you would like? The more help the merrier! I rather have some experienced guys helping me vs. drawing up my own conclusions. The more knowledge I can posses about this SC the more helpful it will be to me. I personally had the supercharger checked out by a company in Burbank, and it was a green light inspection, that's reason behind it not being sealed. One of the salesman, was interested in purchasing this SC for his customer, But after his boss wrote me a "bounced" check that deal fell apart.

The rust issue stems from the SC just sitting, for a long time, which is what I was told by the previous owner. It is fully functional, rolls smoothly and in mint shape as confirmed ( by the shop above ). The internals spun freely, and had oil. The bent pipe, I can not comment on, I didn't even notice it. That, I don't know when, or where it happened. I do appreciate you pointing that out, as for the fix.....Can it be fixed and at what cost.....?

Liked
    221 times

I agree w/ the hood mod vs. the inlet housing.

I can snap some internal shot of the screws and upper plenum if you would like? The more help the merrier! I rather have some experienced guys helping me vs. drawing up my own conclusions. The more knowledge I can posses about this SC the more helpful it will be to me. I personally had the supercharger checked out by a company in Burbank, and it was a green light inspection, that's reason behind it not being sealed. One of the salesman, was interested in purchasing this SC for his customer, But after his boss wrote me a "bounced" check that deal fell apart.

The rust issue stems from the SC just sitting, for a long time, which is what I was told by the previous owner. It is fully functional, rolls smoothly and in mint shape as confirmed ( by the shop above ). The internals spun freely, and had oil. The bent pipe, I can not comment on, I didn't even notice it. That, I don't know when, or where it happened. I do appreciate you pointing that out, as for the fix.....Can it be fixed and at what cost.....?
    It would have to be a pic of the upper plenum tract where the throttle body mounts to. Showing this now ....concave(d) portion.
    This is part of the upper tunnel/portion that then routes to the M90 rotor inlet/9th injector portion.

That bent threaded fuel dampener needs to be fixed.
    I've seen around 80... give or take TRD superchargers go for sale and this is a first as well as the unnecessary "modification" that was done.
    I Don't even want to know how much fuel would spray .. if the threads are ruined.

Its bent enough to look as though it will do so. Overall its dangerous if its left on there.
    It should not be left like that on a pressurized gasoline fuel system.
    Its an engine bay fire waiting to happen.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Ill snap some pics and stick my camera phone in the TB inlet.

Do you know where I could source a new fuel dampener?

As I stated some pages ago, this is my first run in with a TRD or any other supercharger of the sorts. In the event I keep it, I do want it up to snuff! Not here to sell or pawn off junk, so I will take all the help an criticism you guys have to dish out, as long as it is in-lieu of getting the job done correctly. If you'd truly like to help me "save" another SC let's combine minds on fixing it... Even if it means more cut & paste, to reshape the housing to O.E. specs. Or locating another dampener. I'm not here to speculate what could be, or to read countless posts reiterating disdain for my item. I'm interested in solely hearing what needs to make this right. If anyone with experience retains this knowledge and would chose to share, please help!

- If you have a flow bench, contact me, more than willing to have it tested.

- If you can weld, contact me, let's reshape the roof of the TB inlet.

- If you can powder coat, contact me, let's beautify this thing.

- If you can rebuild supercharges blind folded, contact me, I'll need you for disassembly & re-assembly.

- If you wish to moan, nag, nit pick, point fingers, be derogatory, with out positive solutions, DO NOT CONTACT ME, this thread is here for you!

Liked
    221 times

Ill snap some pics and stick my camera phone in the TB inlet.

Do you know where I could source a new fuel dampener?

As I stated some pages ago, this is my first run in with a TRD or any other supercharger of the sorts. In the event I keep it, I do want it up to snuff! Not here to sell or pawn off junk, so I will take all the help an criticism you guys have to dish out, as long as it is in-lieu of getting the job done correctly. If you'd truly like to help me "save" another SC let's combine minds on fixing it... Even if it means more cut & paste, to reshape the housing to O.E. specs. Or locating another dampener. I'm not here to speculate what could be, or to read countless posts reiterating disdain for my item. I'm interested in solely hearing what needs to make this right. If anyone with experience retains this knowledge and would chose to share, please help!

- If you have a flow bench, contact me, more than willing to have it tested.

- If you can weld, contact me, let's reshape the roof of the TB inlet.

- If you can powder coat, contact me, let's beautify this thing.

- If you can rebuild supercharges blind folded, contact me, I'll need you for disassembly & re-assembly.

- If you wish to moan, nag, nit pick, point fingers, be derogatory, with out positive solutions, DO NOT CONTACT ME, this thread is here for you!
    If you're willing to keep this .
    I'll help with everything you need.
    Helped at least a dozen people through Private messaging, locally for what they needed and how far they wanted to take it.
    Dozens more on finding these blowers.
    Been down every corner when it comes to the 4.7L TRD blower.
    I know the ONLY one anyone should use for the porting/polishing and he has built quite a name for himself in the SVT Mustang community.
    The M90 blower unit is not new to him.
    He does the rebuilds as well. And was willing to do the entire Supercharger assembly for a very good deal considering the high quality work he does.

New Powdercoating you say.... Guess what ... I know who to use. Go further and use their Thermal Barrier Coatings to lower Intake Temperatures.
    Who to use for New upgraded rotor coatings thus increasing boost , efficiency & further lowering the Air Intake Temps/ Discharge Temps after the air is getting compressed.

As for another fuel dampener someone else had gotten one when they ran into a problem with theirs leaking.
    So there is a way. Even going aftermarket shouldn't be an issue.
    I'd just check those threads first.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)