2005 4.7l Supercharger Out Yet?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 4.7l Supercharger Out Yet?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2005 4.7l Supercharger Out Yet?

Does anyone know if their is going to be a supercharger for the new 2005 model engine 271 hp, i dont think the old 4.7 supercharger will work, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Give it about another three years...if TRD decides to even make one.
    Always remember it's a lost cause!

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Has it even been tried on an 05' or is everybody just assuming it doesnt work.

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

the physical unit will probably bolt on, okay... But then you have to worry about the computer... That's what's different between 04/05.

Liked
    0 times

Default supercharger?, "surely you jest"

Quote Originally Posted by lockoutpros
    Does anyone know if their is going to be a supercharger for the new 2005 model engine 271 hp, i dont think the old 4.7 supercharger will work, thanks
    fat chance. i dont trust trd or toyota anymore.
    MODS: (TRD Urban package) - tint, stereo, jack-in-the box antennae ball, and my middle finger.

~ been there, done that, got the panties ~

I'm just here for the food! kaleo's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

*sigh* ah yes the supercharger, if they brought out another one, i'd be one broke @$$ :cry: happy dude! But I too hope they come out with one, or maybe the procharger from SOS might be the next replacement?

2005 Tundra Double Cab 4x2 SR5 in Spectra Blue Mica
    Modifications:
    Exterior: A little bit of this
    Interior:A little bit of that
    Performance:A few knick-knacks in between

Liked
    0 times

It has been tested on an '04 and '05. Most problems have came from people throwing rods at full throttle. This is why TRD went back into redevelopment phase of the S/C.
    Always remember it's a lost cause!

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by muddnfrk96
    It has been tested on an '04 and '05. Most problems have came from people throwing rods at full throttle. This is why TRD went back into redevelopment phase of the S/C.
    well, maybe if they went back to the 1UZ rods instead of using the same rods as the 3UZ then we wouldn't have this problem!!!

Liked
    3 times

Default 05 sos supercharger

Hi I am looking into the possibility of the SOS supercharger kit for the 05
    I developed the kit for them . gadget and I are in the process of seeing if there are any ECU interface problems I know it will physically fit but we need to be sure that the wires we must intercept for the voltage clamp and additional injection controller will work on the 05 ECU Be patient we are checking it out my kit makes 284 RWHP and 336 ft/lbs torque
    There are no driveability issues and my motor has survived 60-70 WOT runs with Gadget next to me mapping the fuel It also has about 20 dyno pulls
    The only non stock items on my truck are short headers -flowmaster and 3" catback fabricated by me I still use the stock cats Rob Welsh

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see someone doing some performance work with these trucks; and I've spoken with gadget before -- he knows his stuff.

But 284 rwhp and 336 lbs.ft. just doesn't seem like that much of an improvement... What is that, 50 HP gains?

Liked
    3 times

Default sos supercharger

Please do your homework there is so much mis-information out there
    stock 99-04 Tundra makes 200-204 at the wheels and according to a dyno sheet just published on TS-a stock 05 only delivers 220 to the wheels these sheets were put on TS by independant members not me
    So as you can see-if you compare apples to apples my kit delivers 80 rwhp and 65 torque over the stock 99-04 truck I have yet to get a kit on an 05
    but am working on it By the way If anyone out there has RWHP Dynojet numbers for the TRD blower I would like to see them I will guarantee that it produces much less than the claimed 350 hp at the wheels This number is flywheel hp which has nothing to do with rear wheel HP
    I welcome any questions from TS members Rob

Banned
    Liked
    0 times

well your entire post is irrelevant then... this thread is dealing *specifically* with the 05 Tundra... So with you quoting #'s on <MY04 trucks, that doesn't help any body.

Let me know what you find out with the 05+'s... I'd be curious if there's much room to grow with VVT-i... Prolly makes programming a *****! I don't envy your job on those trucks.

Liked
    3 times

Default sos supercharger

I don't see how my post can be "entirely irrelevant" if I am offering info about what is being done to offer a S/C kit for the 05. Since the 05 only delivers 220 RWHP(see JBA header dyno graph posted elsewhere on TS forum) I think there is a lot of performance to be gained Be patient --we are working on it Rob

Liked
    3 times

Default sos supercharger

wrong post

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Wouldn't nitrous, at a cost of about 1200.00 and roughly same power increase, be a more sensible solution than 4000.00 - 5000.00 for a SC. I'm not much of a motorhead so if I'm wrong please correct me. Thanx and have a nice day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.