2008 Highlander stereo removal?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2008 Highlander stereo removal?

Liked
    0 times

Default 2008 Highlander stereo removal?

Does anyone have a "how to" or know how to remove the factory stereo in an 08 Highlander?
    Peter

2008 Highlander Sport 4x4, Millenium Silver, running boards, Toyota Factory Tow Hitch. 2010 Corolla S, Magnetic Grey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2008 Highlander stereo removal?

Anyone?
    Peter

2008 Highlander Sport 4x4, Millenium Silver, running boards, Toyota Factory Tow Hitch. 2010 Corolla S, Magnetic Grey.

Liked
    3 times

Yu need the 08 HL Service Manual. Or, a Dealer/Port OE Sat. Radio Upgrade TSB Instruction sheet. A dealer that is Customer friendly could supply yu with a copy.

I have not seen these as of yet.

Curious, are yu attempting an upgrade of some type. A total removal and aftermarket upgrade?? Nav etc.??

Yu could subscribe to TIS for the Serv. man.in PDF if yu really need this ...or just order the "hard" manuals from Toyota Publications.($$)

LT

Liked
    0 times

No, I am adding a PIE Ipod controller.
    Peter

Liked
    0 times

I joined the toyota TIS site for a day and got the instructions. The trim around the stereo is tight, but it finally came off. Be careful if you ever try it, a clip broke around the top air vent and now it doesn't sit tight . I installed the PIE TOY03 /S adapter which works great on the 08 HL, and now I have an extra AUX port to boot. I bought it here, and Andy is a great guy.

Anco Auto Specialties
    Last edited by Plamar; 11-06-2007 at 04:55 AM.
    Peter

Liked
    3 times

Does this work with a factory Nav T.screen?

I'l call Andy I guess.

LT

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by LifeTech View Post
    Does this work with a factory Nav T.screen?

I'l call Andy I guess.

LT
    No reason why it shouldn't. The installation/instruction manual mentions Nav Radio also.
    Peter

Liked
    3 times

OK. Thanx again.

I currently have a Sanyo Backup cam using a Viewtech Module and also using an Ultimate LockPick for my Aux Audio and My DVD screen now unlocked and is activated.

I noticed that CoastalEtech is not well liked by some people here, but my experience with them was superb. Especially Carlos as the tech guy there.

Anco looks like a great site . The Pie is a good price also!!!!

LT

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by LifeTech View Post
    OK. Thanx again.

I currently have a Sanyo Backup cam using a Viewtech Module and also using an Ultimate LockPick for my Aux Audio and My DVD screen now unlocked and is activated.

I noticed that CoastalEtech is not well liked by some people here, but my experience with them was superb. Especially Carlos as the tech guy there.

Anco looks like a great site . The Pie is a good price also!!!!

LT
    Luckily with the Sport model I get a backup camera, albeit on the smallish 3.5" monitor, but it works well enough. Yes, Andy has the best price, just remember if you order it to get the harness also ($20).
    Peter

Liked
    3 times

Yeah I will need the harness for sure as I have one Aux already with the 16 pin harness.

BTW, I had went to my dealer to see the 08 LTD HL. They link the backup cam to the Nav screen, if yu have that option. The fact that the backup cam is standard on your HL is a great money saver.

I paid $300 for the Sanyo cam (gives three optional corrected views) and the interface cost another $189. Installation would have been an addition $325. But I did myself.

Easy... but... very time consuming! alot of snaking (especially at the tail gate door) and panel removal.
    But at least I broke only one $1.29 "CLIP"

The Installer that quoted me a price would not guarrantee me "No broken Clips with the install. This guy was a Dealer recommended shop at that.

LT