2012 Highlander remote start programming

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 2012 Highlander remote start programming

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2012 Highlander remote start programming

I just purchased a 2012 Highlander and had remote start installed at the dealership. When I open or unlock the doors the engine cuts off. I know with my Ford they told me is was a safety issue and a new feature. I was able to find the programming in the forums and now my Ford stays running when I open the doors. Do such instructions exist for the Highlander?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    5 times

Default Re: 2012 Highlander remote start programming

I haven't seen it.

Usually, the timer cuts out before I get to the vehicle. So, I don't have that issue.

I'm surprised that the Ecogreenies aren't attacking the fuel wasting feature that so many believe that they must have.
    I won't try to sell you any snake oil.

Liked
    1 times

I don't believe toyota has that feature for the highlander. I have an 08 hybrid with push button start and it also cuts off when you open the door. I think if your unhappy with this feature you have to go with an aftermarket remote starter usually has much more features..

Liked
    0 times
    Images

medic ur 1st mistake was getting factory remote start. It SUCKS! & so does the factory alarm. I have a 2012 highlander SE , I went to a local alarm place & got the VIPER 5901 alarm with remote start, it has a 1 mile range. I also have it on my 08 Sequoia Limited. The range on the remote start & alarm is 1000 times better than the factory crap they put in. I haven't had any issues on any of the alarms . I've had the Viper since 08 when I got the 08 Sequoia. I've had the Viper on the 2012 Highlander SE for almost 2 months now & NO PROBLEMS.
    Last edited by dae0311; 11-22-2011 at 09:51 PM.