Air/Fuel O2 sensor question for v6 tundra

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air/Fuel O2 sensor question for v6 tundra

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Air/Fuel O2 sensor question for v6 tundra

I have a P1135 code (bank 1 sensor 1) and I can only see 1 o2 sensor on my exhaust pipe, before the cat. There could be 1 after but I didn't look hard.

Anyway, the parts guy at Toyota thought there might be only 1 unless it was a California emissions vehicle. He said the v8 has 4. But I didn't really trust him much. He told me he could order the 1 sensor for me for $127 which didn't seem bad.

I guess my qeustion is, do I only have 1 sensor? The autoxray we connected indicated there were two sensors, sensor number 2 had a 1.275 voltage and number 1 kept saying there was no data which led us to believe that it was the bad sensor.

anybody have any ideas? I know the v6 tundras are not as common as v8s so it's a little harder to get info.

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Air/Fuel O2 sensor question for v6 tundra

Yes you do have a second o2 sensor, its required to monitor catalyst effiecency. its a couple of feet from the cat. if you have california emissions than you have the A/F sensor in the bank1sensor1. i need one as well just cant afford it and it doesnt cause any drivebility problems. I would recommend getting an oem replacement if you do replace it. i warn you, they are expensive. if you need to figure out if you have california emmissions, look under the hood on the emissions label, it well list your emmision devices and if you have california emissions.
    "The glass isnt half empty or half full...
    its twice as tall as it needs to be"
    ~How an engineer views life

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by v6er View Post
    Yes you do have a second o2 sensor, its required to monitor catalyst effiecency. its a couple of feet from the cat. if you have california emissions than you have the A/F sensor in the bank1sensor1. i need one as well just cant afford it and it doesnt cause any drivebility problems. I would recommend getting an oem replacement if you do replace it. i warn you, they are expensive. if you need to figure out if you have california emmissions, look under the hood on the emissions label, it well list your emmision devices and if you have california emissions.

Well, my truck is running very bad so maybe that's not all that's wrong.

The o2 sensor is just the only trouble code I have right now.

Liked
    0 times

ya it shouldnt really give you any issues other than the Engine light and maybe poor fuel economy, can you describe how your trucks running poorly.
    "The glass isnt half empty or half full...
    its twice as tall as it needs to be"
    ~How an engineer views life

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.