4.7 Ex. Manifold Removal

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: 4.7 Ex. Manifold Removal

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 4.7 Ex. Manifold Removal

Can anyone tell me how they removed their exhaust manifold? I am having difficulty in gaining access to the middle 2 nuts on the bottom of the manifold on each side. The are over the middle support and under the manifold and I have not been able to get a wrench or socket on them?

I am an amateur mechanic and a newbie on this list. I see that several of you have managed to accomplish this and would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
    Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 4.7 Ex. Manifold Removal

I used a 14 mm 'flex' socket and about 2 1/2 or 3 feet of extensions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flex Socket.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	39022  

Liked
    1 times

I took a deepwell socket and cut it in about half, used that plus a universal joint and a bunch of extensions going through the wheelwell. Other's have also jacked up the engine and removed the motor mount to access the nuts.
    TRUCK: 2001 2WD V8 AC MODS: JBA headers! Magnaflow muffler, TRD 4x4 coils & shocks, Wheeler's AAL's, Truxedo bed cover, Bridgestone Dueler AT LT265/75/16, Surepull hitch, Drawtite convertor box, MAPP nerf bars, Toyota bed mat

Liked
    10 times

I jacked up the engine a bit and removed the motor mount. Put a piece of wood on the oil pan and avoid the drain plug. Do one side at a time.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Search through the header threads,most people have posted tips and tricks on removal of their OEM manifolds.
    2000 Imperial Jade Mica Tundra SR5 V8 4WD - sold to my dad
    2002 Thundercloud Sport Edition 4Runner - my "new" Toyota truck