Gibson Exhaust Sound

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gibson Exhaust Sound

Liked
    0 times

Question Gibson Exhaust Sound

Does anyone have a soundclip of their Gibson Exhaust?? I've heard Flowmaster 40 series and Magnaflow, but no Gibson. Looking at the prices, Gibson is the way to go. Any opinions and hopefully a soundclip would be awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Re: Gibson Exhaust Sound

The gibson sounds like you have a hole in your muffler. The quality isn't to good and they rust out quick. When it comes to cat-back exhaust systems you get what you pay for. Go with the TRD exhaust or the Borla...But this is just my opinion

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2320006
    2005 Silver Streak Mica Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport pkg.# 2,Axcess Cab,2WD,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonnue cover,Auto Vent Shades,Carbon Fiber TRD 3rd brake-Light Cover,JVC Sirius Satellite Radio,Tacoma Bed Matt,AMI Shorty Antenna,Trd Oil Cap,TRD Hitch-Cover,20% Lumar Window Tint,Borla Cat-Back Performance Exhaust,ABS Chrome Grille Cover and I'm Sure I'll Be Broke When I'm All said and Done

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the input. I've been doing some research and our stock pipes seem to work great with just an aftermarket muffler. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Flowmaster 40 series unless somebody talks me out of it.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
    The gibson sounds like you have a hole in your muffler. The quality isn't to good and they rust out quick. When it comes to cat-back exhaust systems you get what you pay for. Go with the TRD exhaust or the Borla...But this is just my opinion

X2........ I had a Gibson on my 4.0 Grand cherokee and it sounded like ****. Sounded great on the inside but the outside sucked ***.

Russ
    05 Silver DC. TRD O.R # 2 with tow

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I went with Flowmasters 50 series w/delta flow one in dual out on 05 Taco DC. before installing a cold air intake by Airaid . and I lost power in my low end:cry: . sound ok...not no V-8 maybe close to a High End Supra. After Installing the Airaid intake. OMG what a huge sound differance. I like it I like it alot. I gain my power back but something still lingers in my head, Could I have even more power if I went back to single exhaust system by TRD instead of Dual at the muffler?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.