Clogged Washer Fluid Nozzle

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clogged Washer Fluid Nozzle

Liked
    0 times

Default Clogged Washer

My passenger side doesn’t spray very well. Anyone have a tip on cleaning it out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

KLS
    Liked
    4 times

Some brands of windshield washer fluid do contribute to clogging.

Blow it out with compressed air or find something fine and stiff to stuff into the nozzle.

Buy a better brand of cleaner.

Ken

Liked
    1 times

I used to dip mine into my wifes jewelery cleaner (liquid in a little bottle) and let it soak for a while. Allways works for me.

BTW if you ever add water to your resevior make sure its distilled water, that will help keep them from getting clogged up.
    SATundra
    2001 Limited, V8, 2wd, TRD, Metallic Silver Sky

MODS:
    TIRES:
    Michelin LTX M/S LT265/75/R16 load C rated
    SUSPENSION:
    front - red/blu 4x4 HD Bilsteins shocks & HD TRD 4x4 coils providing 1.75" lift, rear - TRD add-a-leafs, Hellwig swaybar, yell/blu 4x4 Bilsteins
    INTERIOR: CB-Ham/Scanner/150W linear amp in custom console, 10 disc CD player, Donnelly comp/temp mirror, Toyota All Weather floormats, tinted windows, radar detector, backseat angle mod,
    EXTERIOR: Grizzly SS brushguard, Better Built alum toolbox w/lights, Weatherflector Ventvisors, chrome step tubes, UTR bedliner, hitch, SteelHorse Bull Rings, Mobil 1 oils, 2 TS stickers, 2 TS license frames, 2 www.TundraSolutions.com stickers,
    ELECTRICAL: 55W undercarriage entry lights, extra set 55W reverse lights, 55W underhood lights, DEI alarm, 12V Acc plug/engine compartment, 400watt power inverter, foglight/cargolight/acc plug/maplight mod

Liked
    0 times

Ran out all the fluid and filled up with some rain-x fluid that’s good to -20 I believe. Working better, but not perfect. I'll have to try your guy’s suggestions.

Thanks for the response,

Josh

Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Washer Fluid sprayers get clogged..Again!

I've had to take my Washer Fluid Sprayers off 3 times now in a year and a half to unclog them. Anyone else have theirs get clogged as frequently? I'm real careful to not get wax stuck in there.

Liked
    0 times

What are you using for washer fluid? If you're using water, or mixing water in that's really hard (i.e. high mineral content) you can have problems as the water dries and leaves the deposits behind. I haven't had any problems with mine...
    Genthar

Rhino Lining, Waag one piece grille guard and wheel to wheel nerf bars, 3M Xpel on headlights, front corner lights, and foglights, Valentine One radar detector, XM Satellite radio, Navigon 7100 GPS, Lightforce 240 Blitz aux lights, Aux. reverse lights.
    AEM Brute force intake, courtesy of AEM Power and TundraSolutions.com
    Teamwest Coilovers, Camburg Upper A arms, Daystar Steering Rack Bushings, Total Chaos Diff Drop spacer, JBA Headers, Y-Pipe, and EVOL exhaust, Dynabead balancing media.

Liked
    0 times

Auto parts store bought washer fluid. Never put water in there.

Liked
    1 times

Just a usefull hint:
    If you ever need to clean out the spray nozzles I have had excellent luck using my wifes "ultrasonic jewelry cleaner". (dont tell her)
    If you dont have access to one of those the regular jewelry cleaner works just as well, just takes a little longer to break down the clog.

BTW I have had no problems with the Tundra nozzles but I think thats because I have learned from prior vehicles NOT to use regular tap water, only use distilled water and store bought windshield washer fluid.
    SATundra
    2001 Limited, V8, 2wd, TRD, Metallic Silver Sky

MODS:
    TIRES:
    Michelin LTX M/S LT265/75/R16 load C rated
    SUSPENSION:
    front - red/blu 4x4 HD Bilsteins shocks & HD TRD 4x4 coils providing 1.75" lift, rear - TRD add-a-leafs, Hellwig swaybar, yell/blu 4x4 Bilsteins
    INTERIOR: CB-Ham/Scanner/150W linear amp in custom console, 10 disc CD player, Donnelly comp/temp mirror, Toyota All Weather floormats, tinted windows, radar detector, backseat angle mod,
    EXTERIOR: Grizzly SS brushguard, Better Built alum toolbox w/lights, Weatherflector Ventvisors, chrome step tubes, UTR bedliner, hitch, SteelHorse Bull Rings, Mobil 1 oils, 2 TS stickers, 2 TS license frames, 2 www.TundraSolutions.com stickers,
    ELECTRICAL: 55W undercarriage entry lights, extra set 55W reverse lights, 55W underhood lights, DEI alarm, 12V Acc plug/engine compartment, 400watt power inverter, foglight/cargolight/acc plug/maplight mod

Liked
    0 times

You can get an acetylene torch tip cleaning kit (the drill type) for a reasonable price. They have drill bits down to the size of needles and work well to unclog those little holes.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Windshield Washer "Squirter" not working

Does anyone have any idea how to take these little guys out and clean them? The passenger side one on my truck, the one that squirts low is working, but the one that squirts high is not...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike

Liked
    1 times

I had the same thing happen. I unclogged it with a piece of thin wire.

2011 Tundra DC SR5

Liked
    0 times

I had the same thing happen, too. Mine is to the lower sprayer on the driver's side. I had it at the dealer for regular 45k maintenance and, of course, they told me I would have to order a new part, the nozzle that actually connects to the hood. Screw that, I'll find some thin wire and try to clean it out myself. They probably didn't even try to remove the clog or whatever...
    You Suck!

Liked
    1 times

Thin wire or you can use a straight pin. While you have the pin in the nozzle you can also re-aim them if needed!
    "If your not obsessing about something, you're probably not into it enough." - Chris Thile

2001 Tundra Limited *SOLD* :cry:
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited PSD
    1996 Ford F-250...Runnin' on Veggie Oil
    1946 John Deere A

MODS: Hellwig, Custom Duals w/ Flowmaster 40 Series and Dr. Gas X-pipe, Daystar Bushings, Cornfed 2" Front Spacers, TRD AAL, K&N FIPK, 16x8 Weld Outbacks, 285/75R16 Yokohama Geolandar's, Access Cover, BedRug, Putco Bed Rails, PP Bull Bar, WeatherFlectors, Prodigy Brake Controller, Brown Bread Sound Deadener, '05 Taillights, AMSOIL ATF

Shawn
    Southeast Region Forum

Liked
    2 times

Almost guarantee that it is wax in there clogging it. The pin works....and sometimes even a toothbrush will if you are delicate.
    2011 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0L
    2013 Avalon Limited

Supporter
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFreak
    Thin wire or you can use a straight pin. While you have the pin in the nozzle you can also re-aim them if needed!
    Hmmmm. I didn't know you could re-aim them. I'll have to do that to my passenger side inner sprayer.

Alan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.