The Tundra Salvage Yard Thread

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Tundra Salvage Yard Thread

Liked
    0 times

Default The Tundra Salvage Yard Thread

Ok, since Tundras are really not widely found in most salvage yards, I thought I'd start this thread and see what kind of responses I get. Anyone that has a Tundra in their area could post what year, what condition, etc and hopefully be able to help other members out in finding parts they need. I'm not sure how the shipping and payment would go other than trusting other members. Maybe an escrow service. But I'm desperately in need of the clear plastic gauge cluster cover on my '01 since my father accidently cracked mine. Every place I've been to or called, including TAP, wants me to buy an entire new cluster for $250.

So... maybe this thread will get moving. Just an experiment.

FORT WORTH TEXAS AREA: one tundra available, '01 limited, imperial jade mica, front end is totalled. Internal parts available from back seat beyond. Rear bumper has a small dent but could be salvaged. 2 fender flares, spare tire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

I cant find any wrecked Tundra's here in So Cal.

Im looking for the door panel pod(window switch) and the black center console cup holder piece off an SR5.
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD

4.7L V8 |Total Chaos Long Travel | 35" Goodyear MT/R's | Stock Rear

Liked
    12 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ND1169
    Ok, since Tundras are really not widely found in most salvage yards, I thought I'd start this thread and see what kind of responses I get. Anyone that has a Tundra in their area could post what year, what condition, etc and hopefully be able to help other members out in finding parts they need. I'm not sure how the shipping and payment would go other than trusting other members. Maybe an escrow service. But I'm desperately in need of the clear plastic gauge cluster cover on my '01 since my father accidently cracked mine. Every place I've been to or called, including TAP, wants me to buy an entire new cluster for $250.

So... maybe this thread will get moving. Just an experiment.

FORT WORTH TEXAS AREA: one tundra available, '01 limited, imperial jade mica, front end is totalled. Internal parts available from back seat beyond. Rear bumper has a small dent but could be salvaged. 2 fender flares, spare tire.
    I looked into a new dash clear cover a while back for my '00 and Carson Toyota could get one for like $50. Give 'em a call
    -------------------------

Liked
    0 times

But I'm desperately in need of the clear plastic gauge cluster cover on my '01 since my father accidently cracked mine. Every place I've been to or called, including TAP, wants me to buy an entire new cluster for $250.

554100C010

Instrument panel - Instrument panel - Cluster panel
    Cluster panel 2000 - 2003

List $70.45

Liked
    0 times

thanks for the replies... but i'd still rather drive with a crack then spend 70 bucks on a piece of plastic.... i'll probably just end up making my own out of a thin piece of lexan or something...

I still think this thread is a good idea. I'll check to see if the window switch and cupholder parts are available next time I head out that way.

Liked
    0 times

I still think this thread is a good idea. I'll check to see if the window switch and cupholder parts are available next time I head out that way.

Thanks
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD

Liked
    1 times

Default the tundra salvage yard thread

thanks for the replies... but i'd still rather drive with a crack then spend 70 bucks on a piece of plastic.... i'll probably just end up making my own out of a thin piece of lexan or something...

Also i could use a good deal on a sway bar,hint hint. I also work with aguy how rebuilds wreaks mostly Hondas,toyota,& Nissans, and he said they are not really out there or just wasted.
    Kevin

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by KLINDSEY
    Also i could use a good deal on a sway bar,hint hint. I also work with aguy how rebuilds wreaks mostly Hondas,toyota,& Nissans, and he said they are not really out there or just wasted.
    Kevin
    Front or rear? cause Tundra311 has his front one for sale.
    2002 Toyota Tundra TRD

Liked
    0 times

Default tundra parts

I have found www.car-part.com to be very useful. You can search by part and state or nationwide. I found a sliding rear window and a tail light at good prices after I broke mine on accident. The glass was 150 and the tail light was about 60 shipped to me.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Liked
    0 times

I have found www.car-part.com to be very useful. You can search by part and state or nationwide. I found a sliding rear window and a tail light at good prices after I broke mine on accident. The glass was 150 and the tail light was about 60 shipped to me.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by 1spiffyTRD
    Front or rear? cause Tundra311 has his front one for sale.
    rear
    kevin

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: The Tundra Salvage Yard Thread

I need wheel well trim, both sides, rear for '02 Tundra. There are no after market parts and WHOLESALE is $110 each!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

new to tundra solutions trying the right place to post this hopefully im in the right place now.

I am looking to turn my 06 tundra extended cab back into stock to sell it.

However when i was customizing the interior i like an idiot ruined some of the parts like the compartment casing underneath of the back seat, the side pillar in the back corners of the cab, & the whole carpet of the cab

Does anybody know where i would be able to find these parts besides from getting gouged directly from toyota?
    Last edited by gotdmw; 08-30-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I am in great need of a fuse box for my 08 tundra double cab. I have been looking for almost six months and havent found one used fuse box for sale. Does anyone know of a salvage yard that may have an 08 tundra?

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Im fixing my 2005 double cab tundra 4x4 v8 sr5, Ive got some extra interior parts, I bought mine rolled and have swapped the cab. Just FYI, I hate to toss any of it...
    ALSO
    I need roof airbags AND
    A head liner with sunroof...
    any help would rock, and BTW im game for trades
    thx
    Last edited by hybridtoys; 10-04-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast