Double Cab GVW

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Double Cab GVW

Liked
    0 times

Default Double Cab GVW

Saw a new double cab a week or so ago and got a spec sheet that states the GVW is 6600 pounds. That's about 550 pounds over my 02 Access Cab. Tires and wheels are the same and axles apear to be the same also. Does anyone know if they actually have beefier components, or did Toyota up the spring rate and use the same Axles as previous years?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RKCRUZA
    Saw a new double cab a week or so ago and got a spec sheet that states the GVW is 6600 pounds. That's about 550 pounds over my 02 Access Cab. Tires and wheels are the same and axles apear to be the same also. Does anyone know if they actually have beefier components, or did Toyota up the spring rate and use the same Axles as previous years?
    6600 lbs? That's heavy for a pickup! Though it does break the 6500 lb barrier for small business tax relief on equipment purchases... may be one way they'll move them out the door! (It's worked for Ford and Hummer this last year here on the West coast).

Jeff
    Account no longer active.

Liked
    0 times

Default Heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by PXLpainter
    6600 lbs? That's heavy for a pickup! Though it does break the 6500 lb barrier for small business tax relief on equipment purchases... may be one way they'll move them out the door! (It's worked for Ford and Hummer this last year here on the West coast).

Jeff
    The 6600lbs. is Gross Vehicle weight (as in loaded) so is not heavy at all. My 02 has a GVW of 6040 so I just wondered where they got the extra 550lbs of GVW. Also, the magic number for for vehicle weight is 6001 pounds. Anything over 6000# qualifies for the extra 1st year and Sec 179 write offs.

Banned
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PXLpainter

Jeff

to me when i looked under the tundra it looked the same as the pasted with the new d/c having a bigger axel ratio..the brakes too are the same peice of crap too(bummer toyota didn't use seq disk)

Liked
    0 times

The DC uses the same i-Force V8 used in the Access Cabs. Is this engine beefy enough for the heavier vehicle? The Sequoia and some '04 4-Runners use the engine also. I think the engine application is great on my Access Cab, but would want more hp for anything heavier.