Removing Door Panels

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Removing Door Panels

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Removing Door Panels

Hello everyone, can some body give me some detail instructions as to how I can remove the door panel from front and rear doors on my tundra 2003. I trying to install new speakers and I have no clue how to remove the panels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times

Quote Originally Posted by TICO30
    Hello everyone, can some body give me some detail instructions as to how I can remove the door panel from front and rear doors on my tundra 2003. I trying to install new speakers and I have no clue how to remove the panels.
    The "Garage" forums contain a wealth of mods, installation info, technical info, wiring diagrams and how-to's. Included among them is:

HOW-TO: Remove the Tundra Front Door Panel
    HOW-TO: Remove the Tundra Access Door Panel

The "Garage" forums are open to Club Members. For info on joining click the
    button
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Junior Member thunder gray tundra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by TICO30
    Back doors:
    Remove the screw in the door handle then remove the frame around the door handle.It has two little clips right where the handle swings out.One on the top of the handle and one on the bottom.With a little screw driver you can unlock the clips.Then remove the two screws in the on the arm rest.Open the back window then you pull on the panel(maybe start in the corner or on top) not to hard then the clips in the back of the door panel will unlock and the panel will start to pop off.

Front door:
    Same with the door handle.Take the screw out and take out the frame around the handle.The part of the panel near the dash there are two circles.They are the covers for the screws.I belive they are tork scews though so you will need a torks head screw driver.Where the arm rest is on the door panel there are two little door hiding the two more screw.I think they are torks head to.Roll down the window,.then pull on the panel and after it pops all of the clips in the back pull up so it can undo where the window ledge is.Then from there undo all the electrical connections.

Here is a tip:
    In the back door where the speaker is take off the whole speaker with mounting where its bolted to the door.After you take it off there will be a big hole there in the door.If you make a plate(made from wood)and use the mounting holes for the old speaker box that bolted to the door you can cut a 6X9 hole in the plate you made and bolt a 6X9 speaker to the plate and bolt it to the door where the old mounting screw where.The hole is big enough(in the door)for a nice 6X9 speaker to fit in.

Good luck
    Chris
    2000 SR5 4.7L 4x4 Tundra w/daystar level kit and add a leaf rear,Three inch body lift,Eagle Alloy 16x10 wheels,315/75/16,Pioneer dvd gps system,Front clear corner lamps,rear Altezza tail lamps,40s flowmaster mufflers single in dual out,Stone mountain headers,Helix thottle body spacer,K&N cool air intake system,Dyno-214 hp at rear wheels,Viper alarm W/remote start,Cobra radar detector,And to top it off,my Tundra has a B!tchin driver. My website www.truckinutz.com

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-16-2012, 07:26 AM