Century or Leer Shells?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Century or Leer Shells?

Liked
    0 times

Default Century or Leer Shells?

Does anyone have any experience with Century or Leer shells?

Looking for info on price, fit, & satisfaction.

Thanks

-Ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Had a Leer on my '00 Prerunner. It was very sad to see the quality of the Leer. Leer used to be the best but is now far from it. Both locks fell apart after a year. The paint chipped in several places where no impact had occurred. Just bought a ARE Z for my Tundra. World of difference in quaility. Like comparing the Detroit products of the 70's and 80's with Toyota. Leer may be a bit cheaper but you get what you pay for. Check the price of previously owned Leer's on ebay. Used price is almost always a good indication of the quality.

Liked
    0 times

Thumbs down

Im so disappointed in my Leer that I removed the decal on the back window.

Liked
    97 times

I have LEER on both my T100 and Tundra.
    They work great for me.
    TIP: Save some money and try to buy used.

Good luck

2002 REGULAR CAB - LONG BED - 4WD - V8 - SR5

Liked
    0 times

Just had the ARE Z topper installed on my Tundra yesterday. Looks great. Excellent quality. A little pricey ($1560 installed). Much better built than the Leer I had earlier. When I traded my '00 prerunner the dealer offered an extra $50 for the Leer fiberglass topper. I ended up donating the topper to a church group and took the tax deduction. You may get lucky and find a used topper on ebay or even locally. Most people try to get at least half of the new cost. Good luck.

Liked
    0 times

Angry Not a happy camper.

I have a Leer 100XL w/ screen; flip down slider, and liner. Paid $1455.00. The frameless lift window has a lower trim that developed a crack within a year (about 1/8 in. wide) and creaked a few inches over in another year. The problem is that Leer will only sell another lift door for $300 plus install with no remedy for the cracking. In later models they claim they have solved the problem.

Liked
    0 times

I've had my Leer 100xlt since 2002 and have had no problems other than the single push button rear lock (which I like) gets a little sticky and needs to be cleaned.

I think I paid about $1200 way back then.

Chuck
    Mods:Hellwig anti-sway bar, clear front side marker lights, clear/red/clear rear tail lights w/chrome trim and led blinker, billit grill w/hidden badge, painted front bumper valances, 4Runner 5 spoke wheels, Leer 100xlt shell w/carpet kit, most badges removed, custom Fundra badge on rear, additional reverse lights, gauge trim painted white, custom shifter knob (on the floor), billit radiator and oil caps, comp/temp mirror, map light, charging outlet, back seat tilt, and door & ignition buzzer mods

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Default Leer

I currently have my three week old Leer 700 tonneau shell fastened down with bungee cords. The lock failed 40 miles from home; nothing like returning from some shopping and you can't put the purchases in your truck as the cover will not open.
    A phone call to the dealer had me forcing the cover open to reach the cables. This caused a small spring clip that holds the lock in place to fly out never to be found again. Drove home with a rope holding the cover in place and a rope tied to the release cable so I could be sure of opening the cover.
    This has been on a cover installed by a Leer dealer and that has been opened maybe six times. Two emails sent to Leer have not been answered and the local dealer could not care less that the cover cannot be opened.
    You would think a company would care more about their customers, especially for a 2 cent spring clip. Apparently Leer cares as little as their dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.