Seat Belt Retractors?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Seat Belt Retractors?

Liked
    0 times

Default Seat Belt Retractors?

I have a 01 Tundra and both the seat belt retractors are not really retracting the seat belts and I was wondering if there was a way of Tightening or replacing something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    477 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 01ToyTun
    I have a 01 Tundra and both the seat belt retractors are not really retracting the seat belts and I was wondering if there was a way of Tightening or replacing something?
    Look in the MODS forum. There is a fix for that.
    Ride: 2001 Tundra SR5, 4WD, The Lean Mean Green Machine, Lift, Front: Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks w/ Total Chaos Diff Drop, Lift, Rear: 1" Wheeler's Blocks, Wheels: Chromed Factory 4Runner Rims, 17", Tires: Bridgestone Revos, 285/70R-17, Performance: Unichip, JBA Titanium Ceramic Headers, Borla Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Optima Yellow-top Battery, "Powered by Decals" decal, Flux Capacitor, Brakes: Upgrade to 2004 Calipers, EBC Slotted/Dimpled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Interior: Dog Hair on Back Seat, Coffee Stains on Console, Bling: Ivan Stewart TRD Grille, Westin Nerf Bars, Clear Corners & Eurotails, Debadged, Audio: Kenwood DDX512 Head Unit, Kenwood KCA-XM100V Satellite Radio Interface, Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Interface, Polk Audio db6501 component speakers (Front), Polk Audio db651s speakers (Rear), Profile AP740 4-channel amplifier, Rockford Fosgate 8 Punch subwoofer (x 2) in Q-Logic enclosure, Profile AP700M mono subwoofer amplifier, Audiovox ACA200W Rear-view camera, Shark Fin Antenna, Other: BedRug, Viair 450C compressor, 2.5 Gallon air tank, Kleinn Pro Series 4-Trumpet air horns, Eye Candy: Hottie Wife in Passenger Seat, Security System: One very large Collie and a High-Energy Shetland Sheepdog who isn't that big, but makes up for it in Tenacity.

Liked
    16 times
    Images

Save your time trying to 'fix' it. There was a thread where you take and rewind the spring tighter, I tried it and it was already maxed. Some have trimmed the plastic where the belt goes into the retractor assembly with good results. But there was a new 'better' retractor assmebly offered as a TSB fix. Not sure how much they would cost(if you're out of warranty). Mine totally suck now, but it doesn't bother me enough yet to go out and buy the 'improved' ones(I was out of warranty already after 1.5years). /Mike
    2001 2WD Silver Tundra: 4x4 TRD springs, Camburg Uniballs with adjustable Bilsteins, Carson AAL, red/blue Bilsteins in rear, 265/75 Yokohama A/T, IS kit(minus bumper) and rims(hand polished), Billet Wing Window Latch Upgrade, TC Steering Bushings, RF851X amp, Alpine HU, JL 6.5"XR comps, Qlogic with JL 8W3V2 subs. Stebel 300Hz Air Horn.
    202k miles and counting......

2011 Honda Pilot EX-L, black with gray interior.

Liked
    23 times

The seatbelts are covered under the 60k safety & emissions warranty or something like that. Your seat-belts are warranted for 5/60 whatever comes first.
    I just got both of mine replaced and they actually retract now. It's amazing.

Liked
    4 times

Default You sure?

The seatbelts are covered under the 60k safety & emissions warranty or something like that. Your seat-belts are warranted for 5/60 whatever comes first.
    I had them look at mine just before going off the 3 year 36K warranty. They opened the door and pulled the seat belt down until it touched the door sill. Then they let go of it. If it would "eventually" retract all the way back by itself, then Toyota would not replace it under warranty. They did have a TSB where they stuck a piece of clear tape over the guide slot that everbody says to open up with sandpaper or dremel tool. If they will cover it for 5 years, I think I'm going back to pay them a visit!

ADDING POWER HAS NEVER BEEN SO FAST!

Liked
    8 times

I thought that getting rid of the IFS and putting a Dana 44 under there would fix it but it didn't
    -------------------------

Liked
    0 times

Do you guys happen to know where to find the TSB for this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowyota
    I just got both of mine replaced and they actually retract now. It's amazing.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times

Quote Originally Posted by fastone01
    Do you guys happen to know where to find the TSB for this.

Thanks
    The TSB referenced by Dude Boy is BO019-01, BODY SHOULDER BELT ANCHOR TAPE SET and was issued applicable to:

19962001 model year 4Runner*1 vehicles.
    19962001 model year Land Cruiser vehicles.
    19962001 model year RAV4*2 vehicles.
    2001 model year Sequoia vehicles.
    19961998 model year T100 trucks.
    19962001 model year Tacoma*1 trucks.
    20002001 model year Tundra trucks.
    *1 Except rear seat belt.
    *2 Except rear seat belt of soft

See TundraSolutions.com Service Bulletins Database
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    0 times

Thanks

Setting up an appointment with the dealer to get this tsb done. Tundra solution rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by nhparrot
    The TSB referenced by Dude Boy is BO019-01, BODY SHOULDER BELT ANCHOR TAPE SET and was issued applicable to:

19962001 model year 4Runner*1 vehicles.
    19962001 model year Land Cruiser vehicles.
    19962001 model year RAV4*2 vehicles.
    2001 model year Sequoia vehicles.
    19961998 model year T100 trucks.
    19962001 model year Tacoma*1 trucks.
    20002001 model year Tundra trucks.
    *1 Except rear seat belt.
    *2 Except rear seat belt of soft

See TundraSolutions.com Service Bulletins Database