Retrax Vs Roll-n-lock

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrax Vs Roll-n-lock

Liked
    1 times

Default Retrax Vs Roll-n-lock

I'm on the fence between the retrax and the roll-n-lock bed covers. I went to a shop and checked out the roll-n-cover. I wasn’t too thrilled about the vinyl top. Has anyone seen both the retrax and roll-n-lock in person? What did you think between the two? I searched around TS for a while and people seem to be very happy with both brands. I need a heads up comparison between these two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    20 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joey
    I'm on the fence between the retrax and the roll-n-lock bed covers. I went to a shop and checked out the roll-n-cover. I wasn’t too thrilled about the vinyl top. Has anyone seen both the retrax and roll-n-lock in person? What did you think between the two? I searched around TS for a while and people seem to be very happy with both brands. I need a heads up comparison between these two.
    RETRAX ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST investment I made...I LOVE IT and would never consider any other cover....the durability and versatility is unmatched!!! Look into starting a group buy I have seen alot of recent rumblings from quite a few people would desire the Retrax. I'm sure you can have a successful buy....check out my old posts and give Ed at truckgadgets.com a call for pricing then let a moderator know and experience the ultimate cover- RETRAX

disclaimer: The opinions express here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of TS.com....I am in no way associated with truckgadgets or Retrax I just LOVE my cover!!! (check out my pics gallery)
    Pistol Pete
    "I don't want to change the world I just want to leave it colder"

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4 (7844A), Phantom Grey Pearl, All weather guard package, fog lamps,keyless entry, 17" AA wheels, towing package, color-keyed overfenders, 4.1mm Limited Slip Diffy, Delux 3-in-1 JBL stereo, privacy glass, floor mats with sill protectors, bed extender

MODS- BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM's (255/75R17), 17" KMC Venom 755 rims, Line-X, Retrax, Onki nerf boards (part #328078), Wade vent visors (part #88401) , TracRac (rail # OL-21609), Ultimate Fly Fishing Rod transporter, Spin Caster Rod holder in bed, Recon bedlights fully adjustable w/"nightvision", HitchSafe, Weathertech floor liners (part #46030-1&2, grey), debadged, visors destickered, rear window stop disabled, dynolock/PL8500 power tailgate lock, tailgate protector mod with detachable floormat, Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Air horn (300Hz), quick fist flashlight holder (all in photo gallery).....more custom suprises on the way!!

Liked
    3 times

If you do I would be interested in the group buy.

Liked
    20 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rayh78
    If you do I would be interested in the group buy.
    Joey can not start a group buy he is only a registered member...Rayh78, you or another paying club member would have to get it approved and start it.
    Pistol Pete

2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4 (7844A), Phantom Grey Pearl, All weather guard package, fog lamps,keyless entry, 17" AA wheels, towing package, color-keyed overfenders, 4.1mm Limited Slip Diffy, Delux 3-in-1 JBL stereo, privacy glass, floor mats with sill protectors, bed extender

MODS- BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM's (255/75R17), 17" KMC Venom 755 rims, Line-X, Retrax, Onki nerf boards (part #328078), Wade vent visors (part #88401) , TracRac (rail # OL-21609), Ultimate Fly Fishing Rod transporter, Spin Caster Rod holder in bed, Recon bedlights fully adjustable w/"nightvision", HitchSafe, Weathertech floor liners (part #46030-1&2, grey), debadged, visors destickered, rear window stop disabled, dynolock/PL8500 power tailgate lock, tailgate protector mod with detachable floormat, Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck Air horn (300Hz), quick fist flashlight holder (all in photo gallery).....more custom suprises on the way!!

Liked
    1 times

I guess I am just waiting for a one day sale on subscriptions. I have missed the last 2 due to vacations. I'd be interested in helping someone source vendors.

Does anyone know somewhere in or around Orange County CA where I can see the retrax up close and personal?

Liked
    4 times

Default Group Buys

If you guys want to do a group buy, be sure to read the Group Buys forum and contact the moderator for approval.

~MS

Liked
    0 times

The roll-n-lock is a solid product. I've had mine for over a year and am thoroughly satisfied. I won't jump up and down like a ninny, but I do like it.

Just Kidding 'eh.

Jason

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Might be Interested in retrax group buy...

What is the normal price for a AC?

What happens to the OEM bed rails?

Can I still put in a truck box?

John

Liked
    20 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheA
    Might be Interested in retrax group buy...

What is the normal price for a AC?

What happens to the OEM bed rails?

Can I still put in a truck box?

John
    JohnnyTheA.....
    the Retrax goes right over the top of the bedrails
    you CAN use a truck box with the RETRAX and I have seen pics of it...HOWEVER....it must go in front of the Retrax and thus can only have a top loading box....remember you will also loose 11" of UPPER bed length to the retrax and an additonal ?inches because of the truck box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dodge_dually.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	5200  
    Pistol Pete

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

thought i would bump this thread. im a new convert, traded in my tahoe for my tundra dc and couldnt be happier. looking to get a the retrax as well and would be interested in a group buy if someone is interested in setting another one up

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I would be interested in a group buy also.

Steve A.

Liked
    0 times

I've been waiting for a group buy for awhile.

Pistolpete, do you remember how much the group buy went for last time and how many members TS needed to get the group buy price?

I need to start saving up money if this group buy is going happen.
    2000 Tundra Limited 2X4 Thunder Grey
    K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Optima Red Top Battery, Custom 8" Lift by Custom Motorsports, Goodyear 305/70/R17 MTRs on Eagle Alloys 17x8 137s, Alpine IVA-D300 Head Unit, Alpine KCA-420i iPod Interface, Alpine TCS-V430A TV Tuner, Apple 20 gig iPod, Lanzar Component Front and Rear Speakers, Boston Acoustic 10" Subwoofer, 600x5 JL Audio Amplifier, SnugTop Expo Shell, Bedrug.

Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by gtpinoy

Pistolpete, do you remember how much the group buy went for last time and how many members TS needed to get the group buy price?
    We got are Retrax's from Ed at Truckgagets.com. They were great to work with. We paid $750.00 including shipping and I believe we had 10 members in on the group buy. Good luck with your GB.
    02-SR5/Silver Sky Metallic
    Aftermarket Add-On---W/H Sunroof, Retrax Bed Cover, Line-X, Kleen Wheels, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar,Weathertech Weatherflectors, Sylvania SilverStar Headlights, Whelen Strobe Lights,Hidden Hitch, Snakeeyes Back-up Camera, Under Cab Lights,VW Sidemarkers, UnderBed Rail Lights, Sirius Satellite, Bilstein 5100's

Toyota Add-On---Homelink,Power Antenna,Painted Mirror Covers,Auto Dimming Mirror,RS3000 Upgrade,Rear Door Sill Protectors,TRD Exhaust,OEM Hood Protector

MODS---Rear Seat,Map Light

Liked
    20 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gtpinoy

I need to start saving up money if this group buy is going happen.
    I'm back!!!! from the midwest travel nightmare!!! had 14" by my parents in Indiana! but back home now....yes I organized it through a vendor for a flat rate price of $750 which included shipping.....they are great covers! Read the TS regulations and have a subscribing member start a group buy
    Pistol Pete

Liked
    1 times

I have been on the fence for a long time on whether I should get one or not. I really wanted to see the retrax in person. Anyone know where I can see one in So Cal Orange County area ?

- Joey

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast