Best Wax for Black trucks??

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Wax for Black trucks??

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Best Wax for Black trucks??

I have heard a while ago that there is something out there for black colored vehicles. Anyone heard anything or know of a good product!

Mothers and Mcguires ain't what they used to be!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Meguiars NXT is great for black

Liked
    1 times
    Images

I used Wizards Shine Master on my previous Black Tundra and current White Camry. Easy on, easy off! Hold ups well also.
    1996 T100, 203,000 and counting

Liked
    1 times

You really haven't lived until you've seen Pinnacle Souveran Wax on black paint, however there are some drawbacks.... It's $70 for 8oz can and it usually lasts about 4 weeks.

There are alternatives that look great on black. I use Klasse with Souveran over it or I have also used P21S for a less expensive alternative.

I don't think Mother's products are bad at all. I use their wax in the winter to protect from salt and muck, because it's cheap and works good.

Liked
    25 times
    Images

I would suggest a natural carnuba was as well. A synthetic will last longer, but man has yet to duplicate nature when it comes to carnuba.

I have heard good things about Pinnacle products, but have not used themy yet.
    I was turned on to the M-Ron Glass natural carnuba wax years ago and it is the easiest wax ever to remove. You can leave this stuff on in the Arizona heat for a week and it will just wipe off with very little effort. You can order it here:

http://www.californiacustom.net/

Liked
    0 times

I use nothing but pinnacle on my black and tan truck. The results are incredible. Easy to apply and wipe off. The only down side is that it is an expensive product.

Good luck

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Guy01sr5
    I have heard a while ago that there is something out there for black colored vehicles. Anyone heard anything or know of a good product!

Mothers and Mcguires ain't what they used to be!!

Hey,

Give Zaino a try. I'll buy back the polish if you don't think it's the best shine you've ever seen........

But seriously..... The main thing with waxing is preparing the clearcoat before you put your favorite wax on...... Do a search on any of the above mentioned waxes and clay bar. You'll find more info than you want to read.... JB

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

P21S works well on dark colors and leaves no "white" residue.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I tried that eagle one nanowax on my wifes BLACK altima and it did a good job on removing the fine scratches and spiderweb effect, without a white residue. But you almost need to come back over it with a heavier wax to help protect the paint. Like the water doesnt quite bead up as much with just the Nanowax. my 2 cents

fly
    Liked
    0 times

Zaino

Hands down.

I personally use Klasse AIO for ease of use, but then again my ride is not black!

Liked
    0 times

Some really good points in here. I've never used a clay bar before but a friend of mine who has a show car swears by it. I'm on my 5th black truck and 7th black vehicle and have had some trouble in the past with various finishes, particularly on older models. For the last 10 years I've been using Zymol www.zymol.com and have had really good luck with that. Someone stated that the best results are with the preparation, I couldn't agree more! I got my Tundra and didn't notice until I did my first detail but the dealer did a great swirl-mark job with his power buffer so I had a lot of prep work to do. This Spring I'll have to do more work on it but want to wait for it to warm up a bit before I do. I'm planning on debadging my Tundra and will reapply my Zymol then.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good swirl remover?

Jim Naeve
    Murphy, TX

Liked
    25 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jnaeve
    Some really good points in here. I've never used a clay bar before but a friend of mine who has a show car swears by it. I'm on my 5th black truck and 7th black vehicle and have had some trouble in the past with various finishes, particularly on older models. For the last 10 years I've been using Zymol www.zymol.com and have had really good luck with that. Someone stated that the best results are with the preparation, I couldn't agree more! I got my Tundra and didn't notice until I did my first detail but the dealer did a great swirl-mark job with his power buffer so I had a lot of prep work to do. This Spring I'll have to do more work on it but want to wait for it to warm up a bit before I do. I'm planning on debadging my Tundra and will reapply my Zymol then.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good swirl remover?
    Lots of good reading and products here:
    http://store.bettertruckcare.com/

I too am waiting for the spring to give my black Acura TL som TLC.
    I picked up the Porter Cable 7424, pad kit and various polishes to get the job done. The Klasse stuff is very good too.
    05 Sequoia 4x4 Ltd. Phantom Grey Pearl, Weld 20" wheels on Michelin tires, MagnaFlow cat-back, Amsoil fluids, custom 15" overhead DVD system, Eclipse NAV system w/camera, Sirius tuner, HD Radio tuner. HAT tweeters, Scanspeak mids and DLS coaxials, TRU B-2110 and H-1 amps, 13" eD sub, iPod hookup. SilverStar Ultra lamps, Bilsteins all around.

Liked
    0 times

Zaino all the way. Looks great on my black Infiniti. Easy to use and maintain. No residue. Great product.

www.zainobros.com
    2005 4Runner V6 Auto Galactic Gray - Bone Stock

Liked
    0 times

Default Wax

Zaino all the way. Once you get the foundation down, waxing takes about 1 hour. (On/Off labor) I let mine cure for 5-6 hours, wipe off with pure cotton baby diapers..
    Got any questions about zaino, call the company direct. Very up front with customer service.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I have been using the Meguiars NXT on mine. Looks great. I was going to try Zanio but I thought I would give the NXT a whirl (they are somewhat similar types of synthetic waxes) as it cost a lot less. Like the Zanio, the NXT is not a cleaner and does not remove scratches etc. However like the Zanio, because you can actually "layer" the coats instead of removing the old wax each time you do the vehicle, the shine seems to get deeper and rich as you add more coats. It also should not "yellow" or age as some waxes do. It really puts a very slick surface on the vehicle.

I would suggest checking the the Guru Reports test on waxes. The report is well worth the money (no I don't work for them) and it has a lot of great info on how to polish and wax your car and exactly what equipment / pads / towels will give you the best results:

Guru Reports Website

The long and short of it is in their reports Zanio came out on top (the report came out before NXT was on the market BTW). A couple of the other top waxes were: P21S, Collinite Super Doublecoat, Armor All Paste Car Wax (the price leader of the test), Meguiar's Gold Class. Amazingly, most of the Zymols were rated in the bottom 1/3 of the 46 waxes tested.

By the way, if you try Zanio, NXT or one of the other newer "Synthetic" waxes, be sure to apply them per the instructions. While they seem expensive, you actually use very, very little liquid when you wax your truck. You need to make sure the temp of the body is not too hot or it will dry to quickly and streak. It is also better if it is a nice dry (low humidity)day. I find to get the best results with the NXT is to make sure you let it dry a long time. Do the whole truck and then come back and start to wipe it off. It does go on and off very easily once you get the hang of it. It also seems to hide some of the swirl marks that the nimrod that previously owned the truck put in it. I don't think that NXT claims to hide swirl marks. I think Zanio does. In event event it does seem to help. Maybe it is just that the shine is so nice that you don't notice them . Eventually I am going to get a Porter Cable buffer and work on them.

BTW: I swear by using a clay bar now that I have done both of my vehicles. It really seems to clean up the finish. I used the "Clay Magic" system myself.

Denman
    Last edited by Soyboy; 01-31-2005 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Add Additional Comments
    Sold: 2001 Tundra Limited Black, 17" Enkei wheels, Bridgestone REVOs, Jordan Ultima Brake Controller, Equal-l-zer hitch, Line X, Leer Top.

Current: 2003 Chevy Silverado EXCab SB 4WD Duramax Diesel/Allison Tranny, ARE Cap, Jordan Ultima, Equal-i-zer hitch (Sorry but I need the capacity/power).

2003 Jayco Kiwi 23D

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.