Scratch on DashBoard....Can it be fixed?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Scratch on DashBoard....Can it be fixed?

Liked
    0 times

Angry Scratch on DashBoard....Can it be fixed?

I have an 03 tundra with the dark gray dashboard. A passenger recently scratched my dashboard by stuffing their planner with a pen clip hanging out of it between the windshield and the center of the dash. It peeled off the gray "paint" and left a 1 inch long black scratch. I called Toyota dealer to see if they make a touch up kit for the dash (seems like they would!) they said no. Is there anyway to fix my otherwise perfect dash?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Unfortunately, I dont think so. The plastic dash is dipped not painted so the only way I think would be to remove the entire piece and re-dip it. If you do happen to find another way be sure to let people know!
    2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7L v8 4wd TRD Limited

Liked
    0 times

How about using some sort of "filler" in the scratch? If the scratch is no bigger than you say (i.e. 1") then I would "think", it wouldn't take very much to fill the spot. Matter of fact, if you use it sparingly, you may not have to do much (if any) sanding! I guess then... you'd mask off the area and just paint it. Since it "is" inside the vehicle, I'd recommend you use an air brush?! You know... one of those "hobby" air brushes. That "type" of sprayer will allow you to get into very tight areas, plus... I think it's gonna be easier to find the "matching paint" in a can, as opposed to a spray-can.

Just a thought...
    2004 SR5 Double Cab 4x4 w/TRD Pkg.
    Mods to Date:
    16" 5 Spoke Brawn Enkei Wheels, Keyless Entry, Line-X Bed Liner, Challenger Running Boards, Husky Floor Liners, Bug Flector II (painted to match), Colegan Bra, Borla Dual (Side-Exit) Exhaust System, 2" Wheeler's Coil Lift, TRD Add-A-Leafs
    Mods to Come:
    265/75/16 BFG A/T's,
    Possible Mods:
    Seat Covers, 3M Clear Bra (hopefully... just cost so friggin' much!)

Liked
    0 times

Might wanna try "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" you can get it at a grocery store, walmart, or target. Worth a shot anyways, its gotten some scuffs out for me.
    04 Tundra, Hoes, Uni's, Spintech, 285s + other misc. bling items.

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by cdalton
    I have an 03 tundra with the dark gray dashboard. A passenger recently scratched my dashboard by stuffing their planner with a pen clip hanging out of it between the windshield and the center of the dash. It peeled off the gray "paint" and left a 1 inch long black scratch. I called Toyota dealer to see if they make a touch up kit for the dash (seems like they would!) they said no. Is there anyway to fix my otherwise perfect dash?
    I fixed a very large scratch on the glovebox by carefully using a hairdryer, filler, and a color-matched permanent marker. I got the filler and marker from a hobby store. I tested the pens on a hidden spot prior to working on the damaged area. I worked tediously slow and moved the hairdryer alot in order not to melt the dash. Good luck.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Thumbs up Companies

Ther are companies that do these repairs flawlessly. I was putting a new dash in a sienna when my boss decied to help and flipped over the dash onto some tools. well there were scratches and black showingn thru the tan dash. He called a company that came out and sanded, retextured and painted the spot and you couldn't even tell it happened.
    '05 Tundra DC TRD 2 WHL: The TOW truck, Spectra Mica Blue, with Kenwood H/U, Kenwood Amp and crossover. Infinity 6010cs, 10" Rockford SUB, 6 disc CD Changer mounted in Center console, SWI-X to retain steering wheel controls, 7" TV with DVD. Tinted Windows, Three chamber Flowmaster, Painted front chrome strip

1994 Toy: The TOY Standard cab, Long travel front pulling13" w/Double fox w/Res, Deaver rear at 18" w/Single 2.5 18" fox w/Res., full glass, Bumper to Bumper cage, Gusseted frame, PRP seats, Crow harnesses, Custom steering(All Heims & Chromoly), Grant steering wheel, Smoothest ride around. OH by the way only 70,000 miles.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by cdalton
    cdalton:
    I used this product on my wife's 2000 Solara about 2 years ago and it works great....you could give these guys a try...you have to buy the color separate....
    http://www.superiorrestoration.com/P...?productid=DRK
    2005 Sequoia Limited 4WD Options: FE, RL, GY, RF, EY, LX, NV, WL, WH, V2, SD, E5, CF: WAAG Front Grille Guard and Rear Grille Guard, Catch-All Floor floor liners, CCM Cellular Hands Free Adapter, Toyota Bug Deflector