What is the plastic piece under the front bumper called?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the plastic piece under the front bumper called?

Liked
    0 times

Default What is the plastic piece under the front bumper called?

Hello,

I did some off roading and the plastic piece on the front drivers side under the bumper has partially ripped from the screws and now hangs down. I think this is called the splash shield. Can anyone confrim? A Toyota P/N or reference to an online dealer would be excellent.

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: What is the plastic piece under the front bumper called?

I believe it's called a valance.
    Dark charcoal gray CST leather, Wheeler's coils w/ HD Bilsteins, BFG 265/70/R17 A/Ts on 17x8 Boyd's, factory DVD RSE system, tinted windows, black OEM all-weather floor mats, BedBolts hooks in the center of the bed (dog anchors), an OEM rubber bed mat, VSE Subwoofer, K&N FIPK, JBA Titanium coated headers, Spintech 3333 Sportsman muffler..........so far.

Coming Soon: Line-X, maybe a billet grill.

Vehicles/Toys
    2005 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 SR5
    2002 Toyota Epic S22 V-Drive Wakeboard Boat
    2002 Honda Accord V6
    1996 Harley Davidson FLSTN

Liked
    0 times

UNDER- Lower Valance. BEHIND- Spash Shield. I'm not exactly sure which piece you are refering to. Either way, relatively inexpensive piece.
    Tundra is gone...*Map Light mod *Keyless Upgrade *Monster ICruze *Nitto Terra Grappler AT 285/75/16 *Black Helo Maxx 8 16x8 *4x4 TRD Coils *4x4 TRD Shocks *Daystar 2.5" Spacer Kit *Bilstein 5100's *P.A 3" Body Lift *Toyota Drop-in Bedliner *Toyota LSD *Toyota Hood Protector *VentShades *Debadged *Tint *Flowmaster 50 Series Single Exhaust *Clear Corners *Chrome Nerf Bars*
    Nissan 350ZR is here...350zen,org

Liked
    0 times

Ok, it is the spash shield. Any negatives to leaving it off the wheel wells? It seemed to rip pretty easy off roading and I don't want to make a habit of replacing this.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by kev009
    Ok, it is the spash shield. Any negatives to leaving it off the wheel wells? It seemed to rip pretty easy off roading and I don't want to make a habit of replacing this.
    I took mine off because the holes that the bolts go through were cracked all the way to the edge and they would not hold anymore. The only negative effect I can see it having is mud or water getting to my fog lights which are now visible from underneath because I removed the splash gaurds. There has not been a problem yet with driving in rain or mud. I have yet to try standing water. I can't see it causing a problem, those lights should be air tight right?
    Debadged, 4.5" Tuff Country Ez-Ride Suspension, Helo Maxx-b 16.8" Wheels, 285/75 BFG A/T, Stainless Nurff bars

jjc
    Liked
    11 times
    Images

There is no plastic and very little sheet metal inner fender left on my truck and I haven't had any problems after removing it.
    '03 Tacoma / '12 FJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)