Aftermarket cruise control on a base Tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Aftermarket cruise control on a base Tundra?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Aftermarket cruise control on a base Tundra?

Has anyone installed an aftermarket cruise control on a base Tundra? I love my truck, but my foot is getting tired on the long drives. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

While perusing many website looking for performance add-ons for a potenial V6 Tundra purchase, I came across a Toyota OEM cruise control for base trucks for about 250 dollars. I have no idea which website it was though. I just know that it exists. If it helps, I used to Google to find that website.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

The cruise control can be found at www.toyotaparts4u.com. It is $249.00. They are also advertising the TRD supercharger for the 3.4L V6 for $1750.00.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Smile cruise

Thanks for the help. I ordered my cruise control and it arrived yesterday. I will let you know how the install goes as I will try it myself. Toyota wants 4 hours of shop time to do it at $72.00 an hour.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Please let us know how the cruise control install went and how it works. Also, where will the control go (on a stalk off the steering column or on the steering wheel itself)? I am interested in getting cruise for my truck. I believe that my MPG would increase with it and, of course, long trips would be much more enjoyable.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Cruise Control install

I finally attempted the install of the cruise control on my 2001 Toyota Tundra Standard Cab V-6. The install took me about 6 hours, 2 hours more then Toyota could do it, but I took my time.

The cruise control arm installs on the steeing column about 2 inches behind the turn signal arm and slightly higher so you can see it.

You make a 3/8" hole and install the arm of the cruise control onto the plastic housing.

The cruise looks and works great. I'm glad I did it. I guess I could use my wife's new camera and take a picture if someone wants to see how it looks. Let me know if anyone is interested in the picture of my steering wheel with the cruise installed.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

If you don't mind, a picture would be great. I am getting much closer to buying a Base Tundra and cruise is something I will want.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default PICTURES OF INSTALLED CRUISE

I WILL TRY TO POST 3 DIFFERENT PICTURES FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES TO SHOW YOU WHAT THE CRUISE LOOKS LIKE INSTALLED IN THE CAB. I HOPE THIS WORKS AS I AM NEW TO POSTING PICTURES. HERE GOES -

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default PICTURES OF AFTERMARKET CRUISE

OK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PICTURE, BUT ALL THREE PICTURES ARE UNDER MYPHOTOS FOR ME, PuyallupLloyd.

YOU CAN ALSO SEE A PICTURE OF MY TRUCK WHICH I INSTALLED THE CRUISE CONTROL ON. I WILL ATTEMPT ONE MORE TIME TO ATTACH A PICTURE TO THIS POST, IF IT DOES NOT WORK LOOK AT MY PICTURES AND YOU WILL FIND THEM THERE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tundra close cruise 3.jpg.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	733  

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default CRUISE WITH ANOTHER VIEW

MY LAST PICTURE WAS ATTACHED SO I WILL TRY THE OTHER 2. THIS IS ANOTHER VIEW

Name:	tundra wheel cruise 3.jpg.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	734  

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default CRUISE LEFT SIDE LAST VIEW

2 PICTURES DOWN AND THIS IS THE LAST ONE. THIS PICTURE IS FROM THE LEFT WITH THE DOOR OPEN. ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW. I HOPE THESE PICTURES HELP, AS I BOUGHT THIS CRUISE CONTROL WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE. IT LOOKS GREAT.

Name:	tundra left cruise 3.jpg.jpg 
Views:	666 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	735  

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Thank you very much, helped clarify what you were saying greatly.