Lexus GS400 1999 Starter Problems

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lexus GS400 1999 Starter Problems

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Lexus GS400 1999 Starter Problems

My Lexus GS is having starter problems. The dealer told me it would be about $1300 to replace. I know the job is very labor intensive being that the starter is located within the transmission right at the top and that the entire plenum and intake monifold have to be removed. But what I really need is a manual that will lead me through the whole procedure. Can anyone help me please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Lexus GS400 1999 Starter Problems

i did the work my self on my 99 gs400,check out clublexus.com there was a post there with pictures and how to do it.if you are handy working with cars you shouldn't have a problem,you will need new intake gaskets,they said the tranny needed to be tilted to get to the bolts on the starter,i got to them with no problem and i have big hands,i took my time and had it done in about 4 hours.
    05 tundra,easy lift,33/12.5/17 pro comp mud tires moto metal 951,06 raptor 700r,99 gs400.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.