long travel members

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: long travel members

Liked
    30 times

Default long travel members

hey everybody im new to the website and im liking all the constant information and posting going on here. im also a member on dezertrangers and socaltundras. people on DR talk a lot of sh*t so i dont go on there much and socaltundras website is a ghost town. looking for long travel tundras to steal ideas from and to also share ideas and knowledge. names dylan and im from southern california. here are some pics of the whip. glad to be on TS!!

02 started off completely stock then i started upgrading..

BobbyB and Kuntryboy like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    399 times
    Images

Default Re: long travel members

i normally dont like that style of truck, BUT...BadFreakin@ss man! truck looks great. welcome to TS
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    63 times
    Images

Nice truck! I like the lights behind the grille!
    How about some specs? What kind of LT are you using? Anything done to the rear besides fiberglass?
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    30 times

thank you. i actually just took the lights out tonight, i plan on getting a 50" light bar above my windshield. kit is built by btf located in upland. custom kit.. first one made. 15" of travel and 4" wider per side. no shock tabs, it sits in a pocket for added travel. just got it installed about a month ago.

rear is stock. im trying to regear it asap so ive been selling a lot of my stock parts such as the bumpers old wheels and tires stock hood ect..

Liked
    45 times
    Images

Welcome man. I see you made your way over to TS. Glad you like Brandon's kit.

The hood scoop is integrated into the stock hood?
    2006 Tundra Access Cab V8 2WD

Suspension/Exterior: BTF front longtravel with 10" dual rate Kings and King bump stops, BTF rear cantilever (hidden under the bed) with 10" Kings, fiberglass front fenders and bedsides, custom bumper and skidplate, simple engine cage, full size spare with spare tire holder built into the bed, 35" BFG A/Ts, 16x7.5 Black TRD Trail Team Wheels, Cryo'ed Powerslot rotors with EBC Green Stuff brake pads, SS front/rear brake lines, and atomic orange paint with blacked out emblems

Engine/Drivetrain: 4.56 gears, Detroit True Trac, Volant CAI, AMSoil dry filter, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, BAMF custom dual exhaust system, Abbott ERA Speedo Recalibrator

Liked
    30 times

Amoeba, my big brother truck lol

The hood is made by glassworks. I love how it looks from the drivers pov. It's supposed to cool engine temps but I haven't noticed anything it's just something I got too turn heads

Liked
    45 times
    Images

Looks good man. I've always liked how hoodscoops look on these trucks.

Suspension/Exterior: BTF front longtravel with 10" dual rate Kings and King bump stops, BTF rear cantilever (hidden under the bed) with 10" Kings, fiberglass front fenders and bedsides, custom bumper and skidplate, simple engine cage, full size spare with spare tire holder built into the bed, 35" BFG A/Ts, 16x7.5 Black TRD Trail Team Wheels, Cryo'ed Powerslot rotors with EBC Green Stuff brake pads, SS front/rear brake lines, and atomic orange paint with blacked out emblems

Engine/Drivetrain: 4.56 gears, Detroit True Trac, Volant CAI, AMSoil dry filter, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, BAMF custom dual exhaust system, Abbott ERA Speedo Recalibrator

Liked
    30 times

once i get a bumper we need to get together and take some pics of our trucks together. brandon was talking about making an ad to go on socaltundras and i mentioned having our trucks on the ad. btw.. do you have any action shots of your truck? people want to see your cantilever in action

Liked
    30 times

if your interested in a hood i can prob get you one for 400. i have a buddy who works at glassworks. they are coming out with new tundra glass this month. it has the new tacoma body style lines in the glass and it is 6" over which should clear for your kit.

Liked
    1986 times
    Images

This pic alone is worth points.

Pretty cool truck, nice to see it gets used. Welcome to the forum.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    45 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BTF_Tundra View Post
    once i get a bumper we need to get together and take some pics of our trucks together. brandon was talking about making an ad to go on socaltundras and i mentioned having our trucks on the ad. btw.. do you have any action shots of your truck? people want to see your cantilever in action
    Went home last week and took the truck out to Superstition. Was out there for about 1.5 hours just driving around and taking it through some different runs, sand and loose dirt mostly.. Shocks need some work to get them to behave better, mainly the rear. Other than that it was fun.
    No pics though, I was pretty much solo out there so I was just trying to gauge the truck's strengths and areas that need some massaging.
    All the components held up great with zero problems, just need valving work on the shocks.

Leader of Group Evil DevinSixtySeven's Avatar
    Liked
    501 times
    Images

Great to see more LT offerings for the 1st-gens. I like the pocketed lower mounts, got pictures of the arms?

Let's see some real action shots .

-Sean

GFX by FreedomEagle50
    1-Gen Tundra Offroad Technical FAQ Index
    Armor - Lift vs. Travel - Traction - Tire Fitment - Recovery - Lift Kits - Driving - Tires & Gears - CV Boot Mod
    Manual Hubs
    OB's cup size: 36DD

"some people will call you stupid but its worth a try because i know i also want one more inch."--SouthernTundraSC

Liked
    63 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSixtySeven View Post
    Great to see more LT offerings for the 1st-gens. I like the pocketed lower mounts, got pictures of the arms?

Let's see some real action shots .
    Yeah, what he said!
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    30 times

triangle pocket is big enough to fit a wrench into and the hole for the socket wasnt cut yet. i always hear the shocks "pop" when i back out of my drive way from them shifting weight
    Last edited by BTF_Tundra; 09-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Liked
    45 times
    Images

Aaaahhh yes, the "pop"
    My driverside coilover does its pop as well when I back out of my driveway too.

Here are a couple pics of the rear for those that are curious as to what a cantilever setup looks like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010321.jpg 
Views:	1256 
Size:	664.8 KB 
ID:	90141Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010328.jpg 
Views:	1657 
Size:	611.7 KB 
ID:	90142

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast