All the goodies are in!!! Bilstein 5100 and AAL...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the goodies are in!!! Bilstein 5100 and AAL...

Liked
    10 times

Default All the goodies are in!!! Bilstein 5100 and AAL... (PICS)

okay.. i got all the goodies!!! just came in today... the goodies includes:

Ajusa: Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear (Ajusa got the best f*cken deal on Bilstein! I've searched everywhere.. and i gotta say! they got the best price!!!
    FatBobsGarage: AAL, Brake Valve Proportion Bracket and the Drop Differential kit....

I can't wait to install these.... I will be setting the front to the top notch for the 2.5inch.. I dont know if i should install it myself? or should i have a shop install it?? I am debating...

Other parts that were ordered before this and doesn't have picture were some Gorilla Lug nuts and Gorilla Lug Lock nuts from wheelers... and Pro Comps 7069 16x8 4in BS from 4 wheels parts.... below is a pic of it installed... *NOTE* I had to removed the front mudflap to clear the rubbing (tires are General Grabber AT2 265-75-16)... does anyone know if once i leveled it out, will it clear the front mudflap??

Last edited by hmgtundra; 12-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    10 times

Default Re: All the goodies are in!!! Bilstein 5100 and AAL...

BTW.. it aint a thread without pictures!! LOL

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Looks nice! Now you just have to put those on and get a better picture to make this thread even better!

What's a good deal without a quote? I am looking into the same setup so how much did you have to spend out of your lottery win?

I think you can do most of it except setting the coils in is where it will take a little more time. Keep us updated on the addition!

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by toyDC View Post
    Looks nice! Now you just have to put those on and get a better picture to make this thread even better!

What's a good deal without a quote? I am looking into the same setup so how much did you have to spend out of your lottery win?

I think you can do most of it except setting the coils in is where it will take a little more time. Keep us updated on the addition!
    Well I purchased most of my stuff during Thanksgiving due to all the sales that was going on...

Ajusa (The cheapest Bilstein I Found):
    Bilstein 5100 Front: $92.40 (On Sale) X 2 = $184.80
    Bilstein 5100 Rear: $71.07 (On Sale) X 2 = $142.14
    Total: 326.94 + CA Sales TAX = $352.28 (Free Shipping)

FatBobsGarage:
    AAL: $69.99
    Drop Differential Kit: $21
    Brake Valve Proportion Kit: $8.99
    TOTAL: $99.98 + COUPON CODE "TACOMAWORLD2011" (10%) Off = $89.98 + $22.57(S&H) = $112.55
    *NOTE: It was so hard to find a coupon code.. But I was able to.. (They didn't have anything on sale for Holiday)

Wheelers: (Nothing was on sale, and could NOT find any coupon)(Sucks thing about Wheelers is that they don't provide S&H on checkout and it was a surprise when the final invoice was confirmed)
    Acorn Style Gorilla Lug Nuts: $1 X 20 = $20
    Acorn Style Gorilla Lug Nuts Lock Set: $15.95 x 1 = $15.95
    Total: 35.95 + $7.50 (S&H) = $43.45

4WheelsParts:
    Pro Comp Series 7069 (16x8 w/ 4" BS): $115.99 (On Sale) x 4 = $463.96
    Total: $463.96 + COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" (5%) Off = $440.76 + "CA Sales TAX" $34.16 = $474.92 (FREE SHIPPING)
    *NOTE: There was no S&H because I had it shipped to a local 4WheelsParts and I picked it up!

Total Amount:$983.20 + $194.39 = GRAND TOTAL OF $1177.59

In Addition, I really, really wanted some Rain Visor from Weathertech and floor mats (Haven't received items yet):

SV Customs (The CHEAPEST!! Weathertech dealer I've found):
    Weather Tech Side Rain Window Deflector (Front & Rear): $106.99 (On Sale)
    Weather Tech Digital Floorliner (Front): $108.99 (On Sale)
    Total: $215.98 + COUPON CODE "WEATHERTECH" (10%) Off = $194.39 (FREE SHIPPING)

Well here you go.. if you do plan on buying and doing the Infamous Bilstein Leveling.. Expect to spend good money for it.... Unless you can get Super Duper deals!! Then go for it!!!!

Liked
    10 times

That grand total doesn't even include those tires that is currently on those rims in the picture.. LOL... just FYI...
    Last edited by hmgtundra; 11-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by hmgtundra View Post
    Well I purchased most of my stuff during Thanksgiving due to all the sales that was going on...

Ajusa (The cheapest Bilstein I Found):
    Bilstein 5100 Front: $92.40 (On Sale) X 2 = $184.80
    Bilstein 5100 Rear: $71.07 (On Sale) X 2 = $142.14
    Total: 326.94 + CA Sales TAX = $352.28 (Free Shipping)

FatBobsGarage:
    AAL: $69.99
    Drop Differential Kit: $21
    Brake Valve Proportion Kit: $8.99
    TOTAL: $99.98 + COUPON CODE "TACOMAWORLD2011" (10%) Off = $89.98 + $22.57(S&H) = $112.55
    *NOTE: It was so hard to find a coupon code.. But I was able to.. (They didn't have anything on sale for Holiday)

Wheelers: (Nothing was on sale, and could NOT find any coupon)(Sucks thing about Wheelers is that they don't provide S&H on checkout and it was a surprise when the final invoice was confirmed)
    Acorn Style Gorilla Lug Nuts: $1 X 20 = $20
    Acorn Style Gorilla Lug Nuts Lock Set: $15.95 x 1 = $15.95
    Total: 35.95 + $7.50 (S&H) = $43.45

4WheelsParts:
    Pro Comp Series 7069 (16x8 w/ 4" BS): $115.99 (On Sale) x 4 = $463.96
    Total: $463.96 + COUPON CODE "CC5OFF" (5%) Off = $440.76 + "CA Sales TAX" $34.16 = $474.92 (FREE SHIPPING)
    *NOTE: There was no S&H because I had it shipped to a local 4WheelsParts and I picked it up!

Total Amount:$983.20 + $194.39 = GRAND TOTAL OF $1177.59

In Addition, I really, really wanted some Rain Visor from Weathertech and floor mats (Haven't received items yet):

SV Customs (The CHEAPEST!! Weathertech dealer I've found):
    Weather Tech Side Rain Window Deflector (Front & Rear): $106.99 (On Sale)
    Weather Tech Digital Floorliner (Front): $108.99 (On Sale)
    Total: $215.98 + COUPON CODE "WEATHERTECH" (10%) Off = $194.39 (FREE SHIPPING)

Well here you go.. if you do plan on buying and doing the Infamous Bilstein Leveling.. Expect to spend good money for it.... Unless you can get Super Duper deals!! Then go for it!!!!
    That is nice and a good lift price as well. Any inputs if adding a Coil Isolator is necessary to your lift?

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by toyDC View Post
    That is nice and a good lift price as well. Any inputs if adding a Coil Isolator is necessary to your lift?
    ive done intense research and have never heard any of the guys mentioned about a Coil Isolator.... so i dont think you need it.. but don't take my word.. hopefully one of the pros chime in on "Coil Isolator"...
    Waddup Mang!! What's good?

Liked
    10 times

Update!

I was planning to do the suspension swap.. but it ended up raining... do i stopped... i only got to spray pb blaster on the rear shocks bolts only... so i stopped... but i was able to get in contact with one of my mechanic and he said he is willing to charge me $250 for everything.. front, rear, aal and everything... so is $250 a good price? The only downfall,is that he has never done this kind of level lift on a tundra.. any one can chime in?

Liked
    10 times

Update!

I was planning to do the suspension swap.. but it ended up raining... do i stopped... i only got to spray pb blaster on the rear shocks bolts only... so i stopped... but i was able to get in contact with one of my mechanic and he said he is willing to charge me $250 for everything.. front, rear, aal and everything... so is $250 a good price? The only downfall,is that he has never done this kind of level lift on a tundra.. any one can chime in?

Liked
    727 times
    Images

The Tacoma coil isolator is used if you are replacing your coils with OME coils. I dont know if you should with other aftermarket springs also.
    The OME springs have a smaller inner, as well as outer, diamater than stock Tundra springs.

If you are re-using your stock Tundra springs, you do NOT need to use the Tacoma isolators.

Liked
    779 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hmgtundra View Post
    Update!

250 is a pretty fair price. dealers charge that much to just separate the strut. as for the mechanic not doing it before its really not a difficult job. as long as he has a beefy coil spring compressor then hes good. i think you just want to make sure that the springs go back on the same way they came off. the struts are simple to take out. the rear shock are very simple as long as the bolts will break loose on the top mount. and the AAL isnt very difficult and neither is the diff drop and proportioning valve bracket install. plenty of guys on here have done it, so someone with the right tools and a mechanical background can get it done.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 209,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    10 times

UPDATE!!!

Okay so i decided to let the mechanic i know do the suspension work and pay him $250.

got to the shop around 9:45am... didn't get my truck on the lift until aroun 10:15ish am... didnt get finish until 3:45 in the afternoon... i was able to rush to Firestone and got my alignment done.. cool thing about my mechanic.. i didnt have the cash on me so i drove back and gave him the $250.. the whole time i was there to supervise the guy that was working on my truck and gave him directions because this was the first time for him to do a level lift on a tundra...

now all i need to do is do the CV Boot Mod... for some reason the boot is already sipping grease... i didnt realized this until the truck was on the lift and i was looking through my suspension... hopefully i should get this boot mod done by the time i get off work in the AM.. pics will be up soon!!!

as of now the truck runs super good!! Im still a bit skeptical on the cv boot just because it is throwing grease and all of the fins are touching eachother.. should i worry about that?? any advice would greatly be appreciated...

the truck runs stiff and i can't complain about it... the truck was leveled all the way around except for some reason.. the driver side is about 1inch short...?? anyone have an idea why the driver side would be lower??

PICS will be up soooooon!! I promise!!

Liked
    10 times

UPDATEE!! So i guess not that much people are interested in the Bilstein Level anymore.. LOL.. so i guess this probably be my last post about my leveling... here are the pictures that maybe most are waiting for...

So i guess my cv boot are actually spewing out grease.. LOoook!

Anyone thinks this is safe?? or should i get new U bolts?

This is a pain in the Biiich

Diff Drop INstalled...

Brake Bracket

here it goes..! Enjoy!!! any comment and feedback would be nice!!!

Liked
    10 times

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Liked
    79 times

Looks great man! Love the whole set up :thumbup:

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.